What's new

Long range detectors

OBXmetalDet

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2019
Messages
381
Reaction score
281
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just came across an old thread about long range detectors which is why I'm starting a new post. I have never heard of these. I just read a bit about them. They can help you find targets at a distance meaning you don't have to be directly over the target. This sounds really interesting.

Can anybody tell me about the pros/cons of long range detectors? What can I expect in terms of price? If it detects a target at a distance, how does this display on the screen? How do you know where it is?
 
I just came across an old thread about long range detectors which is why I'm starting a new post. I have never heard of these. I just read a bit about them. They can help you find targets at a distance meaning you don't have to be directly over the target. This sounds really interesting.

Can anybody tell me about the pros/cons of long range detectors? What can I expect in terms of price? If it detects a target at a distance, how does this display on the screen? How do you know where it is?
I've purchased a LRL years back, it came with a restocking fee if returned.
If you can't return it don't try it!
 
I've purchased a LRL years back, it came with a restocking fee if returned.
If you can't return it don't try it!
My metal detector dealer years back gave me the same refund policy,but without the re-stocking fee. He had faith in the product and used what he sold.
 

Attachments

  • meaning-of-English-phrase-damn-straight-fb.webp
    meaning-of-English-phrase-damn-straight-fb.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 74
My metal detector dealer years back gave me the same refund policy,but without the re-stocking fee. He had faith in the product and used what he sold.
What was the refund policy?
 
I've purchased a LRL years back, it came with a restocking fee if returned.
If you can't return it don't try it!
Why did you want to return it?

What are the pros/cons?
 
Why did you want to return it?

What are the pros/cons?
I didn't return it, because it worked! It's not made any more.
I don't know the device your interested in. Mine used a Frequency generator, frequency number to Element list and L-rods..
 
From Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-range_locator
A long-range locator is a class of fraudulent devices purported to be a type of metal detector, supposedly able to detect a variety of substances,
including gold, drugs and explosives; most are said to operate on a principle of resonance with the material being detected.

that's a much nicer answer than what i was going to post.

don't waste your time and money. they are a scam.
 
From Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-range_locator
A long-range locator is a class of fraudulent devices purported to be a type of metal detector, supposedly able to detect a variety of substances,
including gold, drugs and explosives; most are said to operate on a principle of resonance with the material being detected.

that's a much nicer answer than what i was going to post.

don't waste your time and money. they are a scam.
Thanks for posting.
 
OBX, I have investigated LRLs for 25 years and currently own 40 or so (I honestly don't remember how many). Invariably, they are money-making scams.
 
Cons
If the device uses Frequencies, expect unpredictable frequency interference at times.
My Dowsing is disrupted while a neighbor runs their Microwave, and that's 100 yds away all 4 directions here. I've had signal disrupted miles away from any houses.
Plus many times were something interferes for Hours at a time, not good for Dowsing for sure!
IT could be someone converting plastic into fuel, running multiple Magnetrons near by, that will make the device useless..
 
OBX, I have investigated LRLs for 25 years and currently own 40 or so (I honestly don't remember how many). Invariably, they are money-making scams.
It's possible Dowsing doesn't work near multiple frequency interference use, in military bases..
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250726-064933.Google.webp
    Screenshot_20250726-064933.Google.webp
    89.8 KB · Views: 69
It's possible Dowsing doesn't work near multiple frequency interference use, in military bases..
It sure seems to have a long list of places and reasons where it doesn’t work.
 
Ever since I started posting on here 10 yrs ago, I've written that I always check to see if Dowsing power is on. Always posting that Dowsing power isn't constant.
I've learned that Dowsing power, though a fluctuating pulse, is always on! But interference is on, if Dowsing is off.. That simple!
I check for interference before I Dowse, I only call it power.
Carl, was interference Dowsed for before the 40 devices were tested?
 
Last edited:
OBX, I have investigated LRLs for 25 years and currently own 40 or so (I honestly don't remember how many). Invariably, they are money-making scams.
Glad you posted this, thanks, it helps me.
I always think about traveling to teach, and figured my Dowsing enhancement devices would work everywhere.
But it's obvious, I must avoid teaching Dowsing in some places.
Too much frequency interference is possible!
 
What was the refund policy?
He would trade even up value towards a conventional metal detector. He didn't 'stick it to me' or refused a refund. Which is saying a lot.
 
Complete scam, do not buy.
 
I just came across an old thread about long range detectors which is why I'm starting a new post. I have never heard of these. I just read a bit about them. They can help you find targets at a distance meaning you don't have to be directly over the target. This sounds really interesting.

Can anybody tell me about the pros/cons of long range detectors? What can I expect in terms of price? If it detects a target at a distance, how does this display on the screen? How do you know where it is?
Don't buy any of the chinese crap being offered on ebay! I saw a Youtube video of a guy giving a review on one. It didn't go well.
 
I wouldn't suggest testing any Dowsing device, during a Solar storm, because of interference..
I wouldn't suggest testing any Metal detector, during a Solar storm, because of interference..
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250727-182449.Google~2.webp
    Screenshot_20250727-182449.Google~2.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20250727-182213.Google~2.webp
    Screenshot_20250727-182213.Google~2.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom