What's new

long stemmed

outlawatheart

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
815
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
DSC09853.webplongest stem I have ever seen on such a little point. It came from my shelter site. It seems well made and doesn't look like it has been reworked.
 
Upvote 0
I go along with you on that, that is a very long stem, cool find:icon_thumleft:
 
That is an interesting find. Thanks for sharing.
 
That is an incredible piece!!! I gotta think it was much longer at one time though.
 
I will call that a hung well point lol nice find !!!
 
Oh wow....I've never seen one like that before, really nice outlaw....and I'm really liking your new pic of Flint as well! :)
 
nice one outlaw,would really like to know why it was made like that.
 
...Crispy..lol...cute....looks like he's smoke'n...:) Hey, I want to know why the arrowhead was made like that also....like Jamey said....??
 
I've got one just like that. I always figured it was much longer at one time and was just resharpened to this stage.
 

Attachments

  • New Trays (8).webp
    New Trays (8).webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 89
May have started out more like this

ForumRunner_20140110_224626.webp
 
...so guess it's made with a longer stem so that it's more secure? Or...maybe "all" arrowheads started out that way...then as they broke, were reworked?.....kidding on that last part :)
 
...so guess it's made with a longer stem so that it's more secure? Or...maybe "all" arrowheads started out that way...then as they broke, were reworked?.....kidding on that last part :)

Most of the points that you will find in a field have been resharpened numerous times.
 
Adena-Narrow Stem?

That's cool, is that an Adena-Narrow stem? It looks like the ones in the new "13th edition Overstreet ID & Price Guide" under EC (Eastern Central) page 402 or a BIG OR... a Waubesa on page 666 (JMO).
 
Last edited:
That's cool, is that an Adena-Narrow stem? It looks like the ones in the new "13th edition Overstreet ID & Price Guide" under EC (Eastern Central) page 402 or a BIG OR... a Waubesa on page 666 (JMO).

I been spending the evening in my new 13th ed....... Looks good so far. I saw the narrow stem points in there also, and thought of this thread.
 
here's another example. it was a field find 60+ miles from where the gray one came from DSC09856.webp DSC09857.webp
 
So pretty....guess we don't have any like that here, haven't seen one yet :( Wonder if they made any obsidian arrowheads with long stems? Thanks for sharing them outlaw!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom