look what I have in my hand!

I had heard that there were fakes floating around, but I had no idea that they looked so good.

I had been thinking about buying some silver. While our LCS is superb, and I don't worry about getting fakes from him, I do wonder what the fakes will do to the silver market...and will it be difficult for me or my kids to sell them, because no one trusts the guy selling silver?

They don't sound like silver when you thump them. And the weight is a little off. I will definitely be leary of buying any coins off the internet though.

Then what is it?

I suggest to all who replied to this thread to study these coins and then spend some time handling the real thing.

If you look at the coins pictured they are bad fakes and stand out like a sore thumb as such.

Not trying to make anyone feel bad but this is serious stuff. If you come across these "in the wild" and dont know any better you can get taken for hundreds of dollars on worthless fakes. All it takes is a little education and you can avoid getting ripped badly.

I suggest to all who replied to this thread to study these coins and then spend some time handling the real thing.

If you look at the coins pictured they are bad fakes and stand out like a sore thumb as such.

Not trying to make anyone feel bad but this is serious stuff. If you come across these "in the wild" and dont know any better you can get taken for hundreds of dollars on worthless fakes. All it takes is a little education and you can avoid getting ripped badly.

What is obvious? Other than the rarity, they are exactly like the real thing

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back