What's new

*** LOOK WHAT I MADE TODAY,, THE ALL NEW "STARVER" ***

ssupraman94

Greenie
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is for all those "starving" metal detectorist that cant afford a STAVR.. Its the all new STARVER... lol. A good friend of mine has a shop that builds aluminum racks,towers etc. for fishing boats and hunting vehicles, I decided to go dig in his scrap pile and build myself a custom made scoop. I pretty much did everything but the welding. So long story short I payed $20 bucks labor to my buddy and bought a new shovel for a handle for $10 ,, so heres my $30 "STARVER" scoop..cant wait to use it...
scoop7.png

scoop6.png

scoop5.png

scoop3.png

scoop2.png

scoop1.png

scoop4.png
 
Just want to know when mine will be ready, Not in a big hurry. Tomorrow morning will be fine. :icon_scratch:

Killer job:icon_thumleft:
 
Just want to know when mine will be ready, Not in a big hurry. Tomorrow morning will be fine. :icon_scratch:

Killer job:icon_thumleft:

thank you very much for the compliment i worked my ass off today on it.he might be interested in making more of these for the right price, but im sure it would be around 100-120 plus shipping... mine was sorta a prototype. I will try it soon and let everyone know how it does.
 
Looks pretty good. Now break it in right with some gold in the bottom of it!
 
It looks great with all that TIG welding. The only change I would make would be to slope the back out at the bottom about 45 degrees from the top to form a footrest to push on. I would also mount the handle with a SS screw. Frank
 

Attachments

  • hand print-2_edited-5.webp
    hand print-2_edited-5.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 217
I agree with Frankn, Ya need a flat platform to push with the foot. Stainless screew will be worth its weight in gold after the salt water gets it. The holes are the worst I made one myself , drilling aluminum is a little easier then stainless. I just wish I'd made mine like yours as far as size. Good job its alot of work but its always nice when you can say that you have made it. Thanks for the pics , nice job.
 
Looks great. Nice work!
 
Go hit the surf with that and you won't be "starving" much longer! VERY nice looking scoop. Probably as good or better than anything you could have bought for $150 or more!
 
It looks great with all that TIG welding. The only change I would make would be to slope the back out at the bottom about 45 degrees from the top to form a footrest to push on. I would also mount the handle with a SS screw. Frank

thanks for the compliments guys, the bolt in the handle is stainless, and as far as the back where the foot goes , i will just have to try it out and see how she works, this is sort of a prototype and im sure we might be making some adjustments.
ok i just pulled the handle and weighed it... 2.4 lbs without handle, and 3.6 with not bad!!
 
Last edited:
Great work!, let me know when they are on Sale! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom