Looked like Buttons.......

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found four of these things today. I thought they were buttons until i got them home and noticed that the tops screwed off. They seem to be made of copper but i'm not sure? The writing on the top says kearney div,atl.ga.usa. The shaft has 65..ks..39 on it. I think it might be some kind of old electrical fitting but i'm not sure. I found them in a Church yard that was built in 1941. If someone could give me some info I would be thrilled, because I havent been able to find anything on the web. Thanks BIGHEAD

Attachments

• button 1.jpg
    button 1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 236
  • button 2.jpg
    button 2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 231
  • button 3.jpg
    button 3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 240
  • button 4.jpg
    button 4.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 249

scdetector

Feb 27, 2006
South Eastern,US
Detector(s) used
Fisher ID Excel, Tesoro Cibola, CZ-7A Pro
There is a company called "Kearney Fusing Products" that deal in surge protectors, fuses ect, how long they have been in operation I'm not sure.I'd say electrical componants to going by that mfg. Charles

Upvote 0

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like bolts for hand saw handles .

Upvote 0

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Kearney-National is (was?) a manufacturer of electrical switch gear and relays. A big corporation registered in Delaware and doing business in New York City and across the country. But when I looked for them I couldn't find a website. Perhaps they have gone out of business or merged with somebody?

Chip V.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread