looking for a boat

keegah

Mar 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT/Fisher Impulse/eyes + hands
Dear Brethren of the Coast, I am currently on a search for suggestions on a boat.I'm looking for a 21'-25' boat that can double as a salvage and sometimes family boat( keepin the peace @ home by "But, Honey we can go for a nice sunday cruise and me and the boys can go diving").My budget is in the 8-14k range.Any direction/help would be greatly appreciated.I'm in the Ft Pierce area but am not adverse to traveling to get the right boat.Thanks for any help, Keegah

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There are 1000s of boats for sale. Right now it is a real buyers market for boats. Prices are way down! Get a Mariner magazine-Boaters World or West Marine should have them, they list many boats for sale. Also try www.yachtworld.com or www.boats.com and you should find quite a bit of stuff. I dont know what type you want- open fisherman, center console, cuddy cabin, cabin cruiser, inboard inboard/outboard, outboard, twins, etc. Lots of choices in the range you listed, and many for less than your $8000 range.

OP
OP
keegah

keegah

Mar 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
in outboards, are there a maximum amount of hours that one shouldn't go pass.i looked @ a 25' w/225 suzuki that has 1100 saltwater hours on it.thanks, keegah

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You should take someone with you that knows boats and motors-preferably a marine mechanic or a fellow experienced boat owner. Or take it by a marina for a look over. If they charge you an hours work, it is still worth it, but you could get someone to help you for free.

OP
OP
keegah

keegah

Mar 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
any makers to stay away from?someone told me to say away from bayliners.thanks,again

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keegah, like Stevemc stated there are thousands of boats for sale. I purchased a 1977 33 foot Chris Craft Corinthian cabin cruiser five years ago for 7K. This boat surveyed out at 33K. My only regret was that she has 2 inboard Vortec 350 gasoline engines that are costing me about $85.00 per hour to operate just in fuel cost. In hind sight I would have been much better off with Diesal engines.

Tom

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I dive and hunt from my sailboat. It's comfortable, and really cheap on gas. I put diesel fuel in a little over a year ago. Still have half a tank.

Not very fast, 5 knots average, but what a nice way to go, if your not in a hurry, and not wanting to use blowers.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Keegah,

You can always try e-bay......Robert "ScubaGecko" found the R/V Conquistador on e-bay for only 6k plus 2K to bring it down to Fl
Finding a boat in that price range shouldnt be a problem......... the big $$$$ comes in when you set it up as a treasure boat, Blowers, hookah, etc,etc.........

Good luck,

Chagy

Attachments

• indexCAUJRPIZ.jpg
    indexCAUJRPIZ.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 299
  • indexCAJ277ZA.jpg
    indexCAJ277ZA.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 318
  • indexCA6MNIHD.jpg
    indexCA6MNIHD.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 306
  • indexCACXWKF0.jpg
    indexCACXWKF0.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 308
  • indexCAL21DOF.jpg
    indexCAL21DOF.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 304
  • indexCADUOJEG.jpg
    indexCADUOJEG.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 304
  • indexCADUOJEG.jpg
    indexCADUOJEG.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 306
  • indexCAL21DOF.jpg
    indexCAL21DOF.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 304
  • indexCACXWKF0.jpg
    indexCACXWKF0.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 302
  • indexCA6MNIHD.jpg
    indexCA6MNIHD.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 318
  • indexCAJ277ZA.jpg
    indexCAJ277ZA.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 292
  • indexCAUJRPIZ.jpg
    indexCAUJRPIZ.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 304

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
454 chevys-350 horsepower each.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thats the Sebastian Inlet bridge in the background of the last picture.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ya, and here is the latest picture of our engine.

Attachments

• Engine2.jpg
    Engine2.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 230

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I didnt want to mention that, but something happened to it, right now it is in the back of my truck, it keeps the tires from squealing when I take off, but we havent figured out what is wrong with it. It is locked up. The guy in the last picture is not one of us! My shoulders are still sore from pulling it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread