What's new

Looking for a Stagestop

dowser

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
2,623
Reaction score
1,416
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
Other
I once stopped at a Stagestop that only had a sign. OLD STAGE STOP. Their was no ruins, just parking on the side of a mtn, the road was dirt but not rough. It's not the Stage stop on Senator hwy. It was W of 17, N of Bumblebee, E of the Bradshaw's. Anybody know where this was? I lost it..
 
That's the right area where I thought I had been to it. But it didnt have any buildings left. And it was S of Cherry. Not Cleator or Turkey. The road also had a deep canyon with a flowing river in it. At the bottom was old horse coral, and a shelter cut into the bedrock. I know it isn't North of Cherry or Jerome..
 
I believe there area only two roads in that area that may have been on a stage coach route; highways 69 and 169; both meet at Mortimer Farms to the west.
Good luck,
Don....
 
You may also wish to consider your 'Stage Stop' on what was called the 'Prescott to Pima Toll Road' that went through the area of Vickroy's Mill. (On maps of the day-1876- it was spelled Vickroyes Mill.) That route more closely followed today's route 69.
Don..
 
You may also wish to consider your 'Stage Stop' on what was called the 'Prescott to Pima Toll Road' that went through the area of Vickroy's Mill. (On maps of the day-1876- it was spelled Vickroyes Mill.) That route more closely followed today's route 69.
Don..

The flowing river he mentioned had to be the Aqua Fria then.
 
I did revisit the area searching about 6 yrs ago. I thought it was off Orme rd, but soon realized it wasn't the road. I'm baffled, as to where It is. Questioning my memory, trying to believe i didnt imagine it. But it's not the first time. It took 10 years for me to relocate a hidden mine I had uncovered. Thanks to google earth. I'll check the Aqua fria, and see if I can spot the road, thanks.
 
Any luck locating this stage stop?
 
Any luck locating this stage stop?

No not yet. It has to be sw of 69, but not Senator hwy. I am surprised I cant find it, I'm still planning on a return vacation. I might go drive the area again..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom