Looking for advice on my Fisher F75+

Ceredox

Sep 21, 2015
MA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a, Troy Shadow X2, White's Coinmaster 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, i just recently bought a Fisher F75+. I've used Fishers for almost 20 years and i am very accustomed to them. My last machine was a Cz-6a and i liked it a lot but i figured it was time for an upgrade. I like this F75 a lot. I goes DEEP, its very light and comfortable to handle, and not very complicated to operate. BUT i do have a couple complaints, the biggest of which being its lack of ability to mitigate minerals. This thing is unbelievably chirpy. Ivfe tried turning down the sensitivity, Freq shift,different tone modes etc... the minerals just come through, to the point where i get tired of listening to them. Am i missing something here? Is there a setting that someone could recommend to me that would help with this? At this point im worried that im passing up deeper signals since they sound very similar to the mineral tones. I can tell the difference in tone, but i'm not perfect and could very well mistake a deep signal for a minerals. Any advice would help! Thanks!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just keep cranking down the sensitivity. Don't be afraid to run it down in the 60's. I run 3H usually but this area isn't heavy in minerals. Mostly glacial till and clay.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run disc mode and disc out 1-6 iron, 65 sensitivity in high EMI areas and higher if not much EMI. I do not Notch and like 3H tones. I run FA process in low EMI and high trash/target areas, but mostly hunt in DE mode. I do use the boost process to get a better target ID on deeper targets. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Loco

miserman

Oct 25, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD F-pulse and Tek-Point pinpointers Sunray Pro gold headphones
Make sure you know if you have DST "ON" or "OFF"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread