What's new

Looking for info on the best MD for my family and my self

Campbell1671

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We live in central louisiana. We r looking for 1 that can disregard most trash :help:
 
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
There is no best detector. What you use is governed by how much you have to invest in it, and what objects you seek.As far as what YOU consider trash, the detector just sees it as a metal object of a certain size. There is no perfect discrimination. Some good is lost with the bad.
Example: some would have tossed this rusty iron block, but I conserved it.
 

Attachments

  • ax300.webp
    ax300.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 640
  • ax300.webp
    ax300.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 632
Campbell, This is a rather big question - but I think if you make a list of criteria that seems
relevant to you and your family - this will help narrow the search , for instance - are we more
likely to be hunting beaches or turf ? what price range seems doable right now $250.-$1000.,
T-net can be very helpful -as there are many knowledgeable people here . keep asking questions
Good luck ! You and your family are in for some fun for sure !!! Argentium.
 
If you are just looking to go coin shooting in parks and other places people gather, I would suggest the Fisher F2. It has great reviews and is a spectacular machine a very affordable price. You do not have to spend hundreds of dollars to enjoy this hobby. I use a $70 bounty hunter VLF and have found over $100 in change, 4 silver dimes, 4 silver rings, and a ton of other awesome relics! This was all in less than two months.

It doesn't matter how expensive a machine is...you must learn to use any metal detector properly to get the most out of it.
 
I don't understand why you guys don't give the newbies to the point answers...by trash I'm am certain he means foil, aluminum, pull tabs and such, obviously he is new to the hobbie and where do new people go?! Parks. What are parks full of? TRASH! I guess if you consider foil and pull tabs treasure you can have all you want.
 
Argentium said:
Campbell, This is a rather big question - but I think if you make a list of criteria that seems
relevant to you and your family - this will help narrow the search , for instance - are we more
likely to be hunting beaches or turf ? what price range seems doable right now $250.-$1000.,
T-net can be very helpful -as there are many knowledgeable people here . keep asking questions
Good luck ! You and your family are in for some fun for sure !!! Argentium.
Considering he said CENTRAL Lousiana it would be logical to think turf considering central Lousiana is several hours from the coast...
 
There are a ton of good detectors around. Unfortunately they all pick up some trash unless you turn up the descrimination way up. Still as you learn a machine you'll hear what's trash, what's good, and what's on the boarder. I'd suggest a Tesoro Compadre or Silver Micromax--both are lightweight, simple to operate, and are great machines.

If you want a meter find a used White's Classic ID.
 
Do yourself a favor, and purchase a Teknetics G2. You wont be sorry. It's light weight, good depth, and outstanding target separation in high trash. Moderately priced too.

Call us if you have any questions.

Toll Free 855-966-3563
 
Huntndig, perhaps a careful reading of my reply to Campbell is in order , my suggestions were
informative and light hearted - please take the snarky attitude somewhere else . Argentium.
 
Argentium said:
Huntndig, perhaps a careful reading of my reply to Campbell is in order , my suggestions were
informative and light hearted - please take the snarky attitude somewhere else . Argentium.
I apologize.
 
what's your budget?... $100?... $800?... $1500?...

how long you swining during the day?.... something lighter?

coins?... relics?... gold?....

might get caught in the rain?... need an AT?
 
Huntndig, thank you for being gracious ! apology accepted - and kudos for being a gentleman ,
I can see how my reply might have looked as though i was not as forthcoming with info as I could
have been . Blessings ! Argentium.
 
Argentium said:
Huntndig, thank you for being gracious ! apology accepted - and kudos for being a gentleman ,
I can see how my reply might have looked as though i was not as forthcoming with info as I could
have been . Blessings ! Argentium.
Thanks, you were correct and after rereading I was wrong and I'm never too proud to admit when I'm wrong.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom