What's new

Looking for info on this piece

bonedoggle

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2013
Messages
98
Reaction score
102
Golden Thread
0
Location
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Whites
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495981948.770309.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495981966.698628.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495981978.713569.webp
I know this is slightly off topic in that I found this 2 summers ago in a Scandinavian corn field. Any ideas are appreciated. I am guessing an axe or scraper.
 
Upvote 0
Looks natural to me. Keep looking thg.....
 
Hard to tell ... Lighting in pics is really dark but I can see why you would think axe
 
Could you possibly lay it down flat and take some more pics in natural lighting? It has the shape of a large Celt or Chopper and actually looks like it may be flaked, but almost all the Flint Tools I have seen from that general area are always highly polished.
 
Here are some more pics. Bronze stand is new. Ha. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496067700.004576.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496067719.465926.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496067741.711639.webp
 
It looks like the bit off a Neolithic polished celt. Just a guess, Jutland, Sjaelland or across the straits in the Malmo area?
 
Thank You. @joshuaream
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom