Huntindogdaddy

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2012
Hood County Texas
Detector(s) used
White's Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this site and would like to find detecting buddy in the area SW of Fort Worth. I'm kind of between Granbury, Stephenville and Glen Rose, but I'm willing to travel. Not sure what sites would be good around here and that's another reason to work with someone that may have better ideas of where to go than me.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. While I'm not in your area, I can suggest you check out cowtowntreasurehunters.org. That is the metal detecting club in the Fort Worth area. Lots of great people there, and they can give you ideas where to hunt.

Lots of old towns around you, Weatherford, Cleburne, etc. Check with some of the oldtimers in your area and they might let you hunt their older properties.

Wayne

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Huntingdogdaddy,

I am in Fort Worth. There are a lot of historic places around worth putting some time into. Have you looked into Tres Rios down in your neck of the woods? It was a French and the Spanish trading post back in the day.

Patrick

OP
OP
H

Huntindogdaddy

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2012
Hood County Texas
Detector(s) used
White's Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patrick,

Thanks for the tip, I have never heard of Tres Rios. I travel a lot of back roads and always see place that look like they might be interesting, but finding property owners is not easy. It's not like these old farms have addresses or anything to identify them. So far I have been doing a little searching on my own property and I have found lots of junk and a couple interesting pieces. Not sure why someone would bury empty mason jar with the one piece lid and not leave money in it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread