Looking for old/abandoned properties in New Orleans to hunt

ipsilateral

Jan 5, 2005
MoCo
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been in New Orleans for a number of years and still haven't found any good places to detect. I find the parks to full of trash here in the city and I really don't find anything worth my time. So, I would love to find some older homes to detect, especially abandoned or empty home sites. Anyone have any insight or any good ideas on where to go? I live Uptown.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the same boat, live in Marrero, I've been doing some research but coming up empty handed, tired of the parks and ballfields.

OP
OP
ipsilateral

ipsilateral

Jan 5, 2005
MoCo
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, there are so many big, old abandoned houses in this state that it's hard to imagine that there wouldn't be people interested in a 50/50 split on searching these yards. I've also seen in the other LA posts these fields and plantations and would love to get in on some of that action if it was close to N.O. Keep me posted if you hear of anything good. I always think it's fun to go detecting with others.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you head up to the ninth ward by the canal there's acres of empty lots, probably lots of iron trash there, but there should be some goodies left there by the flood. let me know if you head up that way and want a hunting partner.

OP
OP
ipsilateral

ipsilateral

Jan 5, 2005
MoCo
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sadly friends, I've moved up to an area near DC and left New Orleans for other pastures (none of which allow metal detecting).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread