Looking for Partner to Dredge or Metal detect Yuba River spring 2005

Z

zeuss69

If i could aforde a plane ticket to cali. i would be there in two point three secounds.im in N.C. with a dredge.I was just talking to a fellathat lives in californa and he said he gets a 1lb. a month there.Good luck and if could i would.I have a 4" myself.Happy dredgen keep us posted on your finds.You should do well with the rain youve been having by the time it setells down and clears up you should get a lot of gold.

P

parttime_miner

Hey there AU79;

Yuba River, California...
Do you have a claim up their somewhere?... I have heard that it takes a bit of research to locate an "available" claim.... And that miners on the American dont take kindly to claim jumpers... :o

I've a claim up in northern california... and gettin at least another this spring...

If you wanted to drive up to redding and a little west, you could come visit our camp this summer!

... not "gun-hoe" about mining, but I plan on moving a bit of dirt this year...

OP
OP
AU79

AU79

Apr 24, 2004
Yes I understand the Claim paranoia up there, I was in North Yuba River drainage twice last summer and detected and sampled the main river in spots that were suppose to be public use areas per my Where to find Gold in California book, However now I understand that this is no longer the case. I only spotted one dredge north of Downeville and it looked like it had been there for years, they even had a tram set up to haul equipment to the other side of the river, other than that there was only one other guy sampling with a pan other than me . All I can say is there must be a lot of claims that re not being worked. To be honest I wasn?t that impressed with the samples that I took from the river. In my opinion the N Yuba has been worked over pretty dam hard anyhow. Most of the sandbars are bordered by walls of rocks that were stacked by the Chinese after they diverted the river and picked the bottom clean. Wile I was there I did a lot of hiking and exploring in some of the more remote areas and my gut feeling is there is still Au to be found but it?s not in the main river its deep back in the tributary streams that are hard to get to where claims have expired or lapsed do to inaccessibility This is were I hope to focus my attentions. Just rather do it with a partner.

P

parttime_miner

... its deep back in the tributary streams that are hard to get to where claims have expired or lapsed do to inaccessibility...

Sure... Now, if you are talking inaccessible... What ya need is a 1 1/2 inch backpack dredge. Then, ya can follow those streams up the mountain... and there will be no claims... because, most claims today are directly accessible by roads. So if you get a mile away from the roads, you are most likely out of claim range... ofcourse, most claims are 20 to 160 acres, positioned along the river, you'd have to get a good map...

I bet ya could clean up with a little backpacker and some luck.

Just a thought... ;D

BTW, just cause those claims are "active".. you are still allowed to camp on them for free. ( might make a great base camp for chasing those tributaries... )

OH, also, make sure to look for old riverbed that the current small tributary you follow, cuts thorught...

OP
OP
AU79

AU79

Apr 24, 2004
Thanks, I was thinking about a 2? foot Keene dredge that I could back pack in, but I understand that extra fuel can be an issue so I might just stick to backpacking with a pan and a detector. Somewhere I have a geologic map that shows the ancient tertiary river channels that run through that area, guess I really should invest in some topographic maps and learn where the actual working claims are. Anyone out there know where claims would be filed in the Yuba area?

P

parttime_miner

Claims are filed in their respective county court house. So, if the claim is in Yuba county, then its yuba county court house, otherwise sutter county would be sutter county court house, and so on...

;D

S

socalgolddigger

1 guy from our club "wepc" took out 40 oz last summer! know of another guy that uses a cable car setup like you talk about but he's on the lavizola (tributary of the yuba) he dredges all summer also with an 8" er and gets good gold. so its still up there! but its claimed.

W

wepc

I have another story of a guy with a 1 1/2 inch dredge picking up 1/2 ounce of gold in one day off of our Yuba claim. Anyway, we have one the best claims on the Yuba I have heard of. Check us out.
www.wepcgold.com
Claims on the Yuba, Kern, Klammath, and many in So Cal. We Have a three week visitation limit per year
on the Yuba, but you could still use the other claims as well.

OP
OP
AU79

AU79

Apr 24, 2004
Thanks for the link, I was very impressed with your club and I am really considering it. I dont really want to join GPAA because it owned by the Outdoor channel, enough said !

A

ArcticWolf

Hi Jim/AU79:

Hey Best of Luck to you. Let us know how you do down in sunny CA on the Yuba. I dredged there a couple of times when I lived in Loomis, and had claims up above Auburn on the American River. I live up in WA now, and unfortunately am partially disabled or I'd be with you in a flat minute, as I still have my Genie, Keene High Banker, and my 4" triple Sluice Dredge. Be Careful and be sure you know where you're going, as there are a lot of claims on the Yuba.

AW

R

rvbvetter

Just wondering if a dry washer would work up there along the banks away from the water. 10 years ago my friend and i were up around there to try some panning. On the way we saw a dry bed that went down between two hills along side the highway. Stopped and went down and scraped what we could into a bucket. Panned it later and got some nice color. No nuggets. But it wasn,t bad for our first time.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
rvbvetter:
Say!? ;)
I have seen drywashers not even work out in the Ariz/NM Deserts? :o? because the soil was too moist!
And! I'm talking,? during the summer!? :o
I would imagine that would more than likely, be the case up there!
But!
I have friend who lives in No. Ca. who is making a real GOOD living? ?;D? with a Bac Pac (1 1/2") Dredge!

R

rvbvetter

I've never used either one. I got that from watching them being used in arizona on a prospecting program that airs here weekly on tv.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions