What's new

Looking for Photographer Information

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up this large framed photograph Titled Le Preaux Falls NB and the photographers signature is Hamilton. The frame is 30 1/2 x 26 1/2. Does anybody have any information on this photographer? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2369.webp
    IMG_2369.webp
    858.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2370.webp
    IMG_2370.webp
    51.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2375.webp
    IMG_2375.webp
    18 KB · Views: 62
So far....Lepreau Falls, New Brunswick.

There was a William B. Hamilton photographer who was from Nova Scotia , not saying it was him...
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks, Releventchair. I had got that far but there are a blue million Hamiltons out there. I sure wish this one had signed a first name.
 
Upvote 0
On the back is a tag from Garrett's Photo Supply Co. 92 King St. Saint John NB. I'm thinking that they framed the photo. I can't find any info on them either.
 
Upvote 0
I think there is a G under that H try Garret Hamilton
 
Upvote 0
On the back is a tag from Garrett's Photo Supply Co. 92 King St. Saint John NB. I'm thinking that they framed the photo. I can't find any info on them either.

I found 3 references to Garrett's photo supply - 1952, 59, & 61.
 
Upvote 0
I just sent an email to a Garret Hamilton but I think that he might be too young. I'll let ya'll know what I hear.
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt, Could you send me a link. Computor Dummy me is having no luck finding them.
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt, Could you send me a link. Computor Dummy me is having no luck finding them.

Just do a Google search on "garrett photo supply". You should get 9 results. Some are dated...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom