Looking for property in Northern California

AUDIGGER

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi

I spent a week this past summer at Roaring Mining Camp in Pine Grove, CA in Amador County. What a great family experience and the gold was great too. I want to buy property somewhere in Northern California next year but not sure where the best area would be. I am looking for acreage that has creek/river access and deeded mineral rights that convey with the property. I want to be able to fish and prospect yet be close to many of the old mining towns for day family trips.
I guess what I am asking is does anyone have any recommendations as to what counties(Sierra, Nevada, Amador,Tolumnee,etc) and rivers would give me and my family the best opportunities of finding good gold.thanks for your help and insight
jeff

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
Until someone pipes in - you might consider browsing Sub-Forums: California for information directly related to California.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try posting in the Gold Prospecting forum. There are hundreds of members there that live, mine, and prospect in norcal. Each of the counties you mentioned offer great opportunities in addition to Placer, Plumas, El Dorado counties. I'm partial to Nevada county as I had great fun on the SF Yuba river and
the Grass Valley/Nevada City area is steeped in mining history. One caution, - a LOT of environmental influence has moved in to these counties with disdain
and contempt for modern day mining.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread