Bryan6059

May 31, 2012
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was back to the same field over the long weekend for a couple short hunts. (unable to give it a good go, when theres ten chord of wood sitting in the parents yard and a woodsplitter made available, the dirt fishing takes the back burner)
The weekend before last I hit one part of the field and pulled out a bunch of flat buttons, a 1950 penny and a possible French coin (heres the link to that posting, titled "first weekend out in 2014 doesnt disappoint." ) http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...d-out-2014-doesnt-disappoint.html#post3954321 This time I was on the other side of the hump, and started scouring the opposite slope. this side though seemed to have mostly modern stuff likely lost or tossed in recent years of farming, and mostly junk... but then I picked up a couple signals that made me me go hmmmm. my at pro was ring up at the 80 81 mark and was holding pretty firm. Time to start digging! out popped a lg copper coin, but no detail noticed. kept going, and got about 10 feet away and hit another signal sitting at the 80-81 mark, but this one bounced to the 78-79 a couple times. dug this and out popped another lg copper, but this one still had what looked like the bust showing. had to wait to get back to my place at the end of the long weekend to get pictures and a carefull scrubbing of coins, I can see the roman II above the busts hairline, and still no detail noticed on the other coin, but both coins have the same diameter.
cant wait to make it back and keep pluggin away at er ;) IMG_0984.JPG IMG_0987.JPG IMG_0990.JPG IMG_0991.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0982.JPG
    IMG_0982.JPG
    757.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0983.JPG
    IMG_0983.JPG
    884.2 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 5
OP
OP
Bryan6059

Bryan6059

May 31, 2012
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and as we can see a couple of pictures from the hunt the weekend before made it onto this thread.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those old coppers. I would work that area carefully, should be more colonial coins and relics!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging, you're close to something good!

You're copper is a George II and dates 1729-1739.

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Congrats on the finds! Getting a colonial is on the top of my detecting bucket list

Funkman

OP
OP
Bryan6059

Bryan6059

May 31, 2012
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging, you're close to something good!

You're copper is a George II and dates 1729-1739.

thanks for the id's man! i cant wait to get back out for a good solid day or so and see what else the grounds hold!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

OP
OP
Bryan6059

Bryan6059

May 31, 2012
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the best sites in the Maritimes are those that have both French and British finds. If you can keep digging targets you'll definitely find more good finds.

Here's a coin like your French one I dug in 2007.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/64623-relics-kinda-year-me-but.html
good stuff on that one. your coin is in even better looking shape than mine. ive lots more room to scan around at this site tho. half of the area is crop growing field, the other half is horse/cattle free ranging. so long as the weather is cooperative, i can almost always get in and give er a go ;)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good stuff on that one. your coin is in even better looking shape than mine. ive lots more room to scan around at this site tho. half of the area is crop growing field, the other half is horse/cattle free ranging. so long as the weather is cooperative, i can almost always get in and give er a go ;)

Just make sure you dig all the signals, even down at foil... because often the best finds are not high signals or even coins.... and not all coins are high signals, as was probably the case for your French one.

OP
OP
Bryan6059

Bryan6059

May 31, 2012
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just make sure you dig all the signals, even down at foil... because often the best finds are not high signals or even coins.... and not all coins are high signals, as was probably the case for your French one.

and this is usually the case. havent found a lot of foil trickery in this spot. its the never ending supply of nails and chain links that gets me. havent skipped over very many signals. even the crappy bouncy targets could be a hole holding multiple targets, as ive witness already. If i only stopped to dig the "good" signals than there wouldnt be many holes dug. for every fist full of "treasure" that i post here, there is a grocery bag full of odds and ends to be sorted through :P

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread