What's new

looks like someone hit this halfer with a lathe ????

Scalper

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
1,217
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Curitiba, Brazil
Hit with a lathe it is cut around the edge on both sides of the coin ?????
 

Attachments

  • jfk.webp
    jfk.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 337
Upvote 0
hello,, interesting coin,,, that and it is possibly a valuable error, it was minted in reverse :icon_jokercolor:.... or your photo program flipped it........take care......
 
photogame said:
hello,, interesting coin,,, that and it is possibly a valuable error, it was minted in reverse :icon_jokercolor:.... or your photo program flipped it........take care......




Oh no it want minted in reverse thanks for noticing it was flipped by the program or the scanner I used ... Ed
 
Probably just someone playing around. I have done similar things to coins.

In fact some of the lathe books tell you to take a coin "since its round" and use it as a chuck guide for setting the lathe for x size on the chuck.

My little watch lathe recommended a nickel or quarter. maybe a larger lathe recommended a half?
Fun find!
 

Attachments

  • CLOSEUPCOINS6.webp
    CLOSEUPCOINS6.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 281
  • CLOSEUPCOINS6.webp
    CLOSEUPCOINS6.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 286
It looks like it was the start of a magicians coin that didn't get finished. I found one like that. All that was left was the very center on one side. I saw how they do it on TV in a lathe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom