What's new

Loose coil cover

DetectorOCD

Full Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2010
Messages
110
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!
I got a coil cover for my Silver, but it doesn't stay on snugly. How do you guys attach them? Should I just put tape around the side of the coil and then put the cover on?

Thanks!
 
Although my covers fit snugly, I put a bead of polyseamseal around the edge to prevent dirt and water to enter between the coil and cover. Polyseamseal shrinks and clears when it dries to make a nice bead that will hold your cover, seal it and its virtually invisible.
 
I have removable electrical ties on my one coil. Works good, but the above post sounds like a good idea also.
 
If your coil cover fits a little loose, you are lucky. The purpose of the cover is to protect the coil from abrasions from rocks, shells, sand or you name it. Sealing the edge of the cover and coil is a giant mistake because a tiny gap can happen to suck in any black sand and give unstable performance and since you have the gap covered you don't know what is going on.

It is much better to slip on the coil cover and just tape it on with a couple wraps of electrical tape or duct tape so it can be easily removed to frequently clean out the cover. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom