loose knit group

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Just saw this offer today!

I would have been there in a heartbeat!

Thanks for thinking of us though. Maybe we can get together later on this spring.

Mike

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
That would be fun. What type of site ya thinking about?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, that sounds like fun. Just need to find a place that everyone could dig. If anyone has any ideas, please comment.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Victory park in Albion is a big open space to detect. Not real old finds there, though I did find a large cent there once. Mostly mercs and rosies and a few Indian head here and there.

OP
OP
goldie1959

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
sounds good jim. you guys say whhen to meet at the coffee shop im free on sat and sundays so its up to the rest of you. goldie

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Looks like we are gonna get rained out this weekend. At least for Saturday. I can't do it on Sunday. You guys go for it. I may travel to get out of the rain on Saturday to detect. May have to go South. I have been wanting to travel to a old park in Ill. for some time now. Saturday may be that day depending on the weather down south and my wife. Soccer and Baseball is coming up for my little boy so the weekends are gonna be hard to get out pretty soon. Thats why I may take off Saturday.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
You guys still wanna hit Victory park today? It looks like a drizzly type of rain. Not to bad. Let me know. Its 7:30 am as I type. I wanna detect somewhere. Stupid weather.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to try to get to Victory park around noon or sooner? Probably will have to wrap the 'tector" in plastic. Maybe see ya there...

Duane

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Hey Duane, I have my battery charging as I type. If its not pouring I'll be there around then as well. Just look for a fat guy swingin an explorer that will be me. Looks like an on and off drizzle which will be fine to deal with. Plenty of trees to hide under there. Let me find a few silver and I will be happy. Jim Lets go dig in the mud.

amc rulz said:
I'm going to try to get to Victory park around noon or sooner? Probably will have to wrap the 'tector" in plastic. Maybe see ya there...

Duane

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Goldie, if I can have a week or so notice I could come down there. I detected in Jackson once last summer. Don't know where the west end Meijers is though so you'd have to give me directions. Of course if the gas stays this high (3.55 today) it might be a little difficult.

OP
OP
goldie1959

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
I-94 to airport rd exit top of ramp look north cant miss the store sign . cant use the motor home riht now hubby said he needs to ck the brakes and with those big tires has to wait for son to help ( son services lg tires earth movers etc so whenever

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread