Lorenz LPX2 is good for gold nugget hunting?

OP
OP
M

moutinho

May 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, yes.. this machine is used more for bigger and deeper stuff?

OP
OP
M

moutinho

May 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen other PI MD good for gold..do you know reason this LPX2 is not good?
Thank you

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, let's start with the size of gold nuggets you are most likely to find - .5-grams - 5.5-grams. With a huge coil like the one shown, I doubt very seriously that this machine will even "hear" them. Where are you detecting? If you are in the Sudan, looking for multi-ounce gold at one-meter, then maybe - I just don't know. Most of the serious gold prospectors amd meteorite hunters I know here in the US, use either Minelab GPX machines, or single-frequency VLF machines running around 18kHz.

I guess if you are looking for HUGE targets at 1-meter of depth, that machine may work well. What have you found with it? What size coil are you using? If you are using a 14" - 18" coil, the machine may be great for gold nuggets - I just don't know, because I've never used one. The manual doesn't give me a great feeling about it though. How much is the machine?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread