Relichunter3

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
Detector(s) used
Technetiks Delta 4000, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats weird!....It happens on every target? or just some? I know sometimes i get a good signal and start digging and rescan and the signal is gone...about 90% of the time in my case is that its tiny pieces of Iron

I don't know about losing a signal every time. Possibly you could be digging a deeper plug then somehow the target falls back to the bottom of the hole farther down were it originally was causing the loss of signal or much weaker. Unless your losing the tone and then your finding it outside of the hole??? My two cents.

I don't know how your detectors work, but I have a Whites DFX, and if I pull the trigger to pinpoint over the target, I will loose the tone. I think what it's doing is ground balancing on the target and I loose it. If I put the coil off to the side, pull the trigger and come back over to pin point, then it works fine. I'm not an expert, that's just my guess, but it works for me.

I don't know how your detectors work, but I have a Whites DFX, and if I pull the trigger to pinpoint over the target, I will loose the tone. I think what it's doing is ground balancing on the target and I loose it. If I put the coil off to the side, pull the trigger and come back over to pin point, then it works fine. I'm not an expert, that's just my guess, but it works for me.

Your right BosnMate with pin pointing with the DFX. I don't know technically exactly why but in order to pinpoint with the dfx you need to not be over the target. Like you were saying find a clean area a foot or two away from your original hit hold the trigger down then go over the possible target to pin point. There's a really great two part instructional video on youtube on the dfx it will explain a lot. I have watched it a dozen times. If you haven't seen it yet.

We'll are you finding what your picking up at first with the detector? If you are not finding it once you dig the plug then it is iron pockets in the soil. I use a minelab se pro & I get a lot of high tones at times like it is a silver tone but then I dig & nothing is there. I know what your talking about but if your finding the target then I would say something going on with detector. Just my guess but I would say it is iron pockets in the soil. The way I do it now is when I hit a high tone which is a good target for my machine I pinpoint with the machine if I get a lock on my pinpoint then I dig if I don't I pass. That's just the way I started doing it works for me. Hope this helps a little I know what your going through I been there. Good Luck

Is the detector in motion mode? Where it has to move to pick up the signal? Could be bits of tin foil that compacts when you dig, or rust that disintegrates when you dig. Multiple targets? Let us know what you find out.

I was just wondering what kind of machine it is,and how long have you have been using it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back