What's new

lots of flakes & a broken point

mamabear

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
3,075
Reaction score
869
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
lots of flakes & a broken point

went to a local field that has produced a lot of flakes & came up with a handful of flakes & this broken point. haven't found a whole one there yet, but I'll keep trying
 

Attachments

  • 017.webp
    017.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 016.webp
    016.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
Re: lots of flakes & a broken point

finds looks very promising, is the point style a lost lake? Thanks and good luck!
 
Re: lots of flakes & a broken point

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
I wish we had fields in my part of Okla., mamabear.....I remember my grandpa talking about artifact hunting the fields of Missouri and all the finds they had.
 
Re: lots of flakes & a broken point

flintmel, I am ignorant as to types of points. am trying to learn as I go.
Charmin, it's hard to get permission to hunt for artifacts now. most people have been burnt by looters.
 
Re: lots of flakes & a broken point

That's a shame it's broken mamabear! would have been good, keep looking!
 
Re: lots of flakes & a broken point

mamabear said:
flintmel, I am --deleted-- as to types of points. am trying to learn as I go.
Charmin, it's hard to get permission to hunt for artifacts now. most people have been burnt by looters.

Oh my! I've been deleted! guess I can't call myself "uninstructed"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom