What's new

Lots of rain

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And more coming. Im working on a 2nd frame already. Much better than last year for finds. HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC12331.webp
    SDC12331.webp
    780.9 KB · Views: 186
  • SDC12341.webp
    SDC12341.webp
    243.9 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0
Awesome points man! The two big Quartz pieces are interesting. It Looks like they were made by the same hand from the picture.
 
2nd frame....You gotta be kidding me

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
Awesome points man! The two big Quartz pieces are interesting. It Looks like they were made by the same hand from the picture.

Found in the same area both of them. The largest is a white flint the other a quartz both scrapers. We got another 3 inches last night of rain. Creeks are over flowing the banks and the stones are popping in the fields.
 
Wow awesome....man a lot of great finds this weekend being posted.
 
Found in the same area both of them. The largest is a white flint the other a quartz both scrapers. We got another 3 inches last night of rain. Creeks are over flowing the banks and the stones are popping in the fields.

Very cool Rock, hey I'm glad your spots are getting slammed with rain!. You'll be filling in the next frame in no time!! HH bud
 
Here is my 1st frame for 2017. By the end of the year I will of straightened them up more like taking the scrapers out and then putting the points in each frame but so far these are the ones I feel are frame worthy till I find some better ones anyway. rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC12346.webp
    SDC12346.webp
    774 KB · Views: 151
Very nice assortment you got there!
 
Sweet! What is that top left thing?
 
Sweet! What is that top left thing?

That is my 1st almost whole Gorget made from a thin piece of pink slate there would of been another notch on the right side if it wasnt damaged. Would of been tied onto each notch and worn around the neck or wrist as a decoration piece. Im lucky it was found when I saw it or Im sure it would of gotten broken in time.
 
Very nice assortment you got there!

Finding plenty of quartz this year the flint seems to be hiding but I have a few favorites already this year in that frame. Thank you
 
Here is my 1st frame for 2017. By the end of the year I will of straightened them up more like taking the scrapers out and then putting the points in each frame but so far these are the ones I feel are frame worthy till I find some better ones anyway. rock

Some really nice find in there I think my favorite is the bifurcated point with serrated edges
 
Some really nice find in there I think my favorite is the bifurcated point with serrated edges

Mine to probably will be my best for the year but I have 2 like that are you talking about the dark one or the 2 tone? I like them both.
 
Mine to probably will be my best for the year but I have 2 like that are you talking about the dark one or the 2 tone? I like them both.

Both killers but the dark one with deep serrated edges is amazing .... The fact that it's complete is unreal also the 2-tone larger point would be a center piece in any display
 
Last edited:
Both killers but the dark one with deep serrated edges is amazing .... The fact that it's complete is unreal also the 2-tone larger point would be a center piece in any display

Have you got a I.D. for me on the black one? I have sent a pic off but havent heard back yet.
 
It's been raining here almost every day for over a week now an not just showers but toad floaters and next week will be the same. You are doing great Rock:hello2:
 
Maybe Stanley or Kirk serrated what were you thinking ? What state are you in?

I thought the same 2 but cant narrow it down its been sharpened on the blade each right side so it has the twist look straight on if that helps. Im in N GA
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom