What's new

Lots of treasures waiting to be dug and no detector!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might get removed by the mods but here goes anyway. The better half and I are traveling through Europe and all I can wonder about are all the treasures under the ground and no detector! I have seen others in Europe posting great finds, but the boss said no detector on her bucket list trip. Guess it will have to wait till we get back home.
 
Upvote 6
That's why she's called THE BETTER HALF.
What makes you think you can just come and help yourself, anyway? :-)
 
Last edited:
Well a wife gives sound advice. 99% sound and 1% advice. The laws over there are strict anyway. You are probably safer without it.
 
Never that simple, as Europe has massive variations of Laws on detecting. So unless you study each country, you would be breaking any amount of Laws. Plus all of the EU have Regs on exporting cultural goods. Weeks of paperwork before your item leaves the Country.
 
This was just a thought. Anyway the way your luggage gets thrown around in transport, I would be afraid to pack a good detector to bring along
 
This might get removed by the mods but here goes anyway. The better half and I are traveling through Europe and all I can wonder about are all the treasures under the ground and no detector! I have seen others in Europe posting great finds, but the boss said no detector on her bucket list trip. Guess it will have to wait till we get back home.

Dude, screw that. I am in Italy right now, if you are near you can drop by and just barrow one. I have many, just mail it back to me from what ever airport you fly out of, it is only like 5 bucks to ship.

Next week I will be in Hamburg Germany, if you are near there PM me and let me know so I can bring an extra one.

Addicts support addicts.

Whats the worst that could happen, you could steal it. I doubt it if your wife did not let you bring yours.

But seriously I have many, however you get caught doing something you should not be doing it is on you, just as if you find tons of gold too, that is on you as well. I can even give some good places to hunt if you like.
 
Well if you want marital tranquility you have a choice of a couple replies.
"Yes Dear" or "Yes Dear".
You could substitute girl watching as a hobby , but the Mrs. might complain if you keep asking her to take pictures.....
 
Oddjob has made some good points. I'd follow his advice.
 
Simple! Just lose the director on one of the round-a-bouts and then go link up with one of many T-netters over there! She'll be tied up for HOURS! Plenty of time! LOL
 
Put your big boy pants on and stuff your detector in them
 
You could scour the internet for local clubs. Maybe make a friend, especially if you offer the same kindness stateside. Near any beaches? Usually beaches are fair game, for modern finds. Just my .02 cents
 
Happy spouse happy house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
My pin pointer fits neatly in my shaving kit! :laughing7:
 
It isn't that easy as it looks sometimes. First the laws about detecting and second you need well grounded knowledge where to hunt. Some areas are better than others, nice finds can be everywhere, but grabbing the detector and swing ahead will not give you the finds you may expect. Best is a buddy who knows about the laws, has permission to sites and can invite you for a hunt.
 
This might get removed by the mods but here goes anyway. The better half and I are traveling through Europe and all I can wonder about are all the treasures under the ground and no detector! I have seen others in Europe posting great finds, but the boss said no detector on her bucket list trip. Guess it will have to wait till we get back home.

I was in Europe just the other month and same thing! Nothing but open countryside and ruins everywhere yet no detector! What a curse haha
 
While on a bus trip from Passau, Germany to Salzburg, Austria the other day, I saw someone in a field with what looked like an AT Pro. Was it you?
It isn't that easy as it looks sometimes. First the laws about detecting and second you need well grounded knowledge where to hunt. Some areas are better than others, nice finds can be everywhere, but grabbing the detector and swing ahead will not give you the finds you may expect. Best is a buddy who knows about the laws, has permission to sites and can invite you for a hunt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom