What's new

Lotta tabs and tails SERIOUSLY?!

dale3fan28

Full Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2013
Messages
202
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
Man, just got back after 5 hours in ankle to knee deep water. 0.55 in clad..... No jewelry..... The only jewelry i have found has beed in the dry stuff.... What gives?

image-3697728856.webp
 
Upvote 0
haha....reality set in !....My hunting buddy and I went on our Gold search this weeeknd....found Pounds of Tabs...he ended up finding a gold ring and braclet...One day you are gonna find some gold...and it will change your attiude about tabs.

Have faith my freind!
 
Man, just got back after 5 hours in ankle to knee deep water. 0.55 in clad..... No jewelry..... The only jewelry i have found has beed in the dry stuff.... What gives?

That's just part of the game. I have a beach I hunt that I have pulled thousands of tabs from. You would think I should have dug them all after 10 years, but I still dig dozens upon dozens of OLD tabs every time I go.

Keep at it, I hunted my beach for years without a single gold item and now I have a half-dozen gold rings from those sands.
 
i have a lake beach i call pulltab park, cuz thats basically all ive ever found...literally thousands of pull tabs and some change and 2 small black hills gold rings, but probly 1 to 2 thousand pulltabs per ring. been there 20 times and found 2 small keepers. In a beach like that i go for quantity, dig as quick as i can and get to the next one, some times have 2 pulltabs in a scoop, not to judge but for 5 hours you gotta triple that pile to find anything good at that location.

Man, just got back after 5 hours in ankle to knee deep water. 0.55 in clad..... No jewelry..... The only jewelry i have found has beed in the dry stuff.... What gives?

View attachment 865004
 
do old school pulltabs work theyre way to shore?? i mean once he clears all the pulltabs will the current ice and water waves and whatever just refill it with old school pull tabs???
 
i have a lake beach i call pulltab park, cuz thats basically all ive ever found...literally thousands of pull tabs and some change and 2 small black hills gold rings, but probly 1 to 2 thousand pulltabs per ring. been there 20 times and found 2 small keepers. In a beach like that i go for quantity, dig as quick as i can and get to the next one, some times have 2 pulltabs in a scoop, not to judge but for 5 hours you gotta triple that pile to find anything good at that location.

I'm in salt water, not dry sand, I'm having to go slow or I will get a lot of chatter in the water....still new to the AT Pro....ground balanced best I could and decreased sensitivity...changed frq to ch 4 also, forgot to tape cord higher up on my shaft, imma use a zip tie, gonna head back out in a bit and hunt til dark or even after a bit....I pulled 4 rings out of there in the dry stuff in August with my Ace 250.....so they are there
 
Last edited:
As mentioned....You gotta clean that place out to find some goodies...I personally use my pinpointer and run it accross the ground before i get up, just so im not up and down every 5 seconds....and belive it or not..Ive found Gold rings doing that
 
do old school pulltabs work theyre way to shore?? i mean once he clears all the pulltabs will the current ice and water waves and whatever just refill it with old school pull tabs???
I hunt a freshwater beach and always find the old round tabs where the water meets the sand. I don't know if they come from the upper or lower but they are always there and Ive been digging them for three years.
 
same here bro, i think they float there way back in from the deeper water,,,wish gold did that haha

I hunt a freshwater beach and always find the old round tabs where the water meets the sand. I don't know if they come from the upper or lower but they are always there and Ive been digging them for three years.
 
gotchya bro, yea just keep on diggin, and keep an eye out for better locations, sometimes i drive an hour or two just for nice beaches...ya know eye candy, warm water and a cool breeze and the occasional gold ring

I'm in salt water, not dry sand, I'm having to go slow or I will get a lo
t of chatter in the water....still new to the AT Pro....ground balanced best I could and decreased sensitivity...changed frq to ch 4 also, forgot to tape cord higher up on my shaft, imma use a zip tie, gonna head back out in a bit and hunt til dark or even after a bit....I pulled 4 rings out of there in the dry stuff in August with my Ace 250.....so they are there
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom