What's new

Louisiana Civil War Navy Button - Maybe

BigCharlie

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
My dad found this in Northeast Louisiana near Lake Providence, Louisiana. I believe it might be a Confederate Navy button. There was a lot of activity in the area, because we are close to the Mississippi River. It could even be French colonial, but it is brass two piece and is constructed more like Civil War buttons I've seen. The two fleur de lis are the real odd things. There are no other markings.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • Old Button.webp
    Old Button.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 315
Welcome to Tnet BigCharlie :hello2:

My first impression of the button would be civilian blazer style. Buttons are cool to find and many awesome buttons has been posted this forum :icon_sunny: Yours is in pretty good condition and with an interesting design :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I will agree with the others, a civilian fashion button. I dont believe it could be military, definitely not Confederate.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom