What's new

Louisiana T-NET get together ????

4-11 a week after my 37 wedding anniversary, I wonder if I could get by with calling it our anniversary get away weekend. It's worth a try.

Ronnie
 
MrsFury said:
How about 4/11?

Well, that's better than the weekend of the Strawberry Festival, but the 11th is Easter weekend...we can shoot for that weekend (Saturday).

:wink: RR
 
I'm game. Get the date set in concrete and lets get it on.
Ace, you sir are formerly invited. These are good people and you will enjoy meeting them. :thumbsup:
 
Tensas said:
4-11 a week after my 37 wedding anniversary, I wonder if I could get by with calling it our anniversary get away weekend. It's worth a try.

Ronnie
At least your detector will get turned on.
 
Good job Warsaw, you just hit old Tensas below the belt. Oh well, at his age ain't much going on down there anyways. :D
 
Zzzzzzzziiiinnnngggggg!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
 
Due to poor health I am forced to retire and thought that metal detecting would be a nice hobby and a way to occupy time while waiting for the end.

After my last post I am starting to see a few sarcastic remarks from some of you in reference to my other post. My life is to short to put up with the likes of some of you.

Count me out.

To whom it may concern:

I am a poet, this I did know
And places not invited, I do not go
Think that is funny, it's just a habit of mine
It becomes valuable when you are short on time

You will look at this and think it is not me
I am better than most, why can't they see
This note is to say some of us have run out of luck
and really don't have time for people that suck.
 
jmgisme said:
Due to poor health I am forced to retire and thought that metal detecting would be a nice hobby and a way to occupy time while waiting for the end.

After my last post I am starting to see a few sarcastic remarks from some of you in reference to my other post. My life is to short to put up with the likes of some of you.

Count me out.

To whom it may concern:

I am a poet, this I did know
And places not invited, I do not go
Think that is funny, it's just a habit of mine
It becomes valuable when you are short on time

You will look at this and think it is not me
I am better than most, why can't they see
This note is to say some of us have run out of luck
and really don't have time for people that suck.

I must have missed something.... I didn't see any nasty comments.
 
Jmgisme, I am a little confused here. Went back and read all post and I do not see any derogatory remarks make in your direction. Please point out what you are talking about and I am sure that the misunderstanding can be resolved without bloodshed. :icon_scratch:
 
Jmgisme,

I just did what Gray Cloud did and I can't see anything that was said that had anything to do with you. Perhaps an explanation would be in order...I don't see anything out of line here at all.

Steve ???
 
He probably was talking about mine to Ace. But I surely thought by the way it was written that all could see it was just a joke. Ace, if I upset you there buddy, I truly appologize. And Jmgisme, I hope you didnt think we were making fun your post, cause we were'nt. But if you did, I HUMBLY appologize from the bottom of my heart, especially since the top part is having problems right now.
:thumbsup:
 
ACE250 said:
WoW all this sounds great am I invited ? I sure hope so..... lol

If you are referring to my last post ... this is my way of saying hello i am still here... I don' t like to be ignored and was intended to draw attention to myself since I started this whole thing ..... this is why we need to meet one another.... the written word is cold and can be read the wrong way very easy......... without the smiles everybody would think I was pi$$ed off all the time ........ so give us one more chance...... ;D there are a lot of good people on here.... I have only met one person on this forum face to face and I hope( MrsFury ) would think that I am a good guy .......


jmgisme.....I would be the first to shake your hand and share stories..... if you would give us a chance......


Ace.
 
the 11th will work for me I am off call...... I might not spend the day though. I have a class to teach and have to prepare for it ..... but would still like to meet all of you...... :thumbsup:
 
Ponchatoula is about 6 hours from me......... I might be able to make that.
Would the LA Gang be put out if some of the Florida crowd showed up?!?

I can protect you from the animals out in Frenier, Judy.......................... :wink:
 
Cybercop106 said:
Ponchatoula is about 6 hours from me......... I might be able to make that.
Would the LA Gang be put out if some of the Florida crowd showed up?!?

I can protect you from the animals out in Frenier, Judy.......................... :wink:

Cybercop106,

If you wanna make a 6 hour drive for a one day get together, then brought youself on over. I've got to warn you though, the animals in Frenier are nothing like the ones that are gonna show up on the 11th.
 
Everyone's invited to this little get together, no major hunt, prizes and stuff like that. It's just to meet, eat and enjoy each others company. Spouses are welcomed too.

Jmgisme, you and your wife are more than welcomed to attend. Ponchatoula is not that far from Gonzales...taking the scenic route is the most relaxing, would love for y'all to be with us.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...b>Ponchatoula, LA US</b>&cid=lfmaplink2&name=

Cybercop, you're more than welcomed to come too, make sure you bring Ellen. Ponchatoula has a lot of history and antique shops.

http://www.ponchatoula.com/history.html

http://www.ponchatoula.com/museum.html

http://www.discoverourtown.com/LA/Ponchatoula/Shopping-1595.html#Craft & Hobby

Just a few highlights...Meet at the Louisiana Treasure's Museum, then lunch at Paul's Cafe, dessert @ Berry Patch, tour the Collinswood Museum (as time permits), a romp in the swamp as Mrs Fury suggests Frenier. Let's just put it this way, be prepared for the swamp...Mrs Fury can fill us in on this. Nothing promising on that...just a suggestion

Just maybe, we can get Charlie to bring a cheesecake for a mid afternoon snack. ;D

:wink: RR
 
Now I really want some strawberry beignets. Hey there's a geocache across from Paul's that I can't find. Maybe y'all can help me. Regarding the swamp, there was a town there in the early 1900's that was washed away by a hurricane. Also I was thinking that maybe stuff washed up from out the lake during the storms. Might find something. It's pretty easy to get back there now since the plants have not grown back yet. Eh it'll give us something to do. I've hunted along 51 before and there's too much junk. Frenier is across the tracks by the lake.
 
Times 9..... 10 o'clock ?
 
LA Treasures Museum website is temporarily unavailable, Wayne had a little article about Frenier. I did some searching and found this article about the hurricane that wiped out the town...in fact it is from the article Wayne wrote of his interview with a survivor of the 1915 hurricane. I will contact Wayne ASAP to make sure he will be available on 11th.

This is a long article...good reading.

http://www.tulane.edu/~biochem/biophys97/sam2.htm
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom