What's new

Lovely Lizzie !!

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Latest hunt was crowned with a lovely Elizabeth I three halfpence 1561 hammered silver. The coin as a very nice bust, which is not usually the case with Elizabeth I coins ( should be a good drink in this coin:occasion14:). Others finds included the by now mandatory short cross cut half hammered silver.:laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7845.webp
    IMG_7845.webp
    263.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_7846.webp
    IMG_7846.webp
    140.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_7847.webp
    IMG_7847.webp
    105.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_7848.webp
    IMG_7848.webp
    162.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7849.webp
    IMG_7849.webp
    118.3 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 38
Interesting, had a few French finds from this period in the area. Starting to wonder French prisoners. Had the 1812 Russian one ruble coin also nearby. Napoleon had a retreat from Moscow in 1812. Maybe the button though could just be a souvenir from the battle of Trafalgar.

I think prisoner working the land
 
ROB AS I ALWAYS SAY , NICE FINDS .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom