What's new

Low tide hunt secluded beach 203 coins gold and silver

Buried Crap NJ

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
658
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hunted a secluded beach low tide 203 coins 1 gold band 22k 1 gold medallion 14k, .925 ring
88 p 26 n 40 d 42 q assorted trinkets. 4 silver dimes and 3 wheat's.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0290.webp
    IMG_0290.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 864
  • IMG_0289.webp
    IMG_0289.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_0291.webp
    IMG_0291.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 833
Upvote 0
Re: Low tide hunt secluded beach 196 coins gold and silver

WooooHooooooo! Jackpot!! :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy: :headbang:
 
Re: Low tide hunt secluded beach 196 coins gold and silver

WOW!!!! Now, that's an impressive display of detecting! :hello2:

Keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine
 
Re: Low tide hunt secluded beach 196 coins gold and silver

That must have been one hard working day! Very nice!
 
Re: Low tide hunt secluded beach 196 coins gold and silver

6hrs, back hurts! I left targets which I never do!
 
Re: Low tide hunt secluded beach 196 coins gold and silver

My back hurts just reading about all those digs. Congratulations on a very successful day!!!! :hello2: :hello2:
 
that's quite the haul. congrats
 
that's a great haul!! Question for you: do you hunt just the wet/dry sand or do you actually venture into the water? I was wondering because everytime i hunt the jersey shore i never see anyone in the water hunting. Whenever i try it it is just too rough.
thanks
john
 
You hit the jackpot. Awesome finds
 
The-Bone said:
that's a great haul!! Question for you: do you hunt just the wet/dry sand or do you actually venture into the water? I was wondering because everytime i hunt the jersey shore i never see anyone in the water hunting. Whenever i try it it is just too rough.
thanks
john
John, I hunt both in and out in the wet sand and dry. Today the water temp was around 44 I had shorts on and scuba boots I was in the water up to ankle wash on sand bars and such. During the summer I get up the my chest hunting in the water. Today's finds were a very sloped beach high tide mark to the water! Most targets came from an area no larger than 300 ft by 100 ft. Tomorrow it might be gone? Who knows ? I have seen this take place many times. The old adage you should have been here yesterday fits so well in this hobby.
 
Nice group of finds, congrats :icon_thumright:
 
wow!!!! nice pile, great effort!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Great haul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya on the should have been here yesterday. A beach to your south had been producing 8 Reales for a few days. Of course i had business commitments that couldn't be rescheduled. When i got there the 8 foot cut that adorned the beach most of the previous week had been reduced to five-six feet by a strong frontal system the night before. The Reales would have to wait for another day.
 
That was worth getting out of bed! :icon_thumleft:
 
You were a diggin hard! Load of work you put in and rightfully rewarded !! Nice finds !!
 
John, I hunt both in and out in the wet sand and dry. Today the water temp was around 44 I had shorts on and scuba boots I was in the water up to ankle wash on sand bars and such. During the summer I get up the my chest hunting in the water. Today's finds were a very sloped beach high tide mark to the water! Most targets came from an area no larger than 300 ft by 100 ft. Tomorrow it might be gone? Who knows ? I have seen this take place many times. The old adage you should have been here yesterday fits so well in this hobby.
[/quote]
thanks for the info. i will have to give 'in the water' another shot...i use a BHID with the older 9.5'' coil...it really has a lot of resistance to the waves...i bought a stabilizer for the coil to keep it fixed in one position so we'll see how that works this year until i can save up for a PI machine...good luck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom