LRL and MFD user, keep your dream alive!

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
fenixdigger said:
Arch; This has been the same behavior from this no experience x-spurt for the last 10,000 posts. He is only here to argue.

I know you are being truthful as I have been, some just can not believe it and will not try for themselves. Crazy Huh?

In 90's when I used my MFD, no digital camera, no TrNet, only film camera but I didn't took pictures because no internet to upload it. In December 15th,1995, I found a big cache. The same year, the landlord denied me permission to dig. In 2004 that cache was removed and I was informed by one of the guy who helped to locate the cache. Today, that guy is rich with Gas station, supermarket, business, his wife is studying a Doctor degree and more stuff. He deny he took part of the cache but he won't BS me. He is a liar. In this picture attached shows a line of coconut palm. If you can see very well there are three palm that coming from the same root. In that specific spot I found the big cache using my MFD, GEO surveyor from Dell. The first signal I took was 1/4 miles away from those palms, toward east. The houses that you can see here are part of the landlord. In 1995 only you could see a poor house. After 2004 you could see houses with pools, gym, etc.

Attachments

• Kilinchini farm.jpg
    Kilinchini farm.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 287

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Arch…I think that there are lot of stories like yours. I have lost track of the times that I have followed a signal that I could not recover..Here in Nevada there is a lot of open land but also a lot of Military Land. I for one will not trespass onto a bombing range..One time I spent months researching a legend about stolen Mormon gold. Every little town between Salt Lake and Carlin Nevada I read hundreds of newspaper reports. I tracked it down..Where was it? Between a freeway off ramp and the freeway..I looked for an entrance to the cave for 5 days and could not find one..Any one with common sense knows that you will not get away with digging a 40 foot deep hole in that location..Art

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey Arch…I think that there are lot of stories like yours. I have lost track of the times that I have followed a signal that I could not recover..Here in Nevada there is a lot of open land but also a lot of Military Land. I for one will not trespass onto a bombing range..One time I spent months researching a legend about stolen Mormon gold. Every little town between Salt Lake and Carlin Nevada I read hundreds of newspaper reports. I tracked it down..Where was it? Between a freeway off ramp and the freeway..I looked for an entrance to the cave for 5 days and could not find one..Any one with common sense knows that you will not get away with digging a 40 foot deep hole in that location..Art

I tell you something, when I located this spot, I felt the L-road with so power that never, ever felt before in others hunting, supporting the theory of Mr. Dell about "more weight in the target, more force you will feel in the L-road". It was a great experience, though I never was rewarded. :(

Arch

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Amazingly similar to those Philipino Yamash-ita stories where someone finds tons of Japanese gold, but then either leaves it to come back for some reason, or leaves in the care of some relative.

Of course the gold is always gone when they return, or the relative takes the gold and now they have a big mansion, yachts, etc.

... but, hey, keep that dream alive. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Saturna said:
Amazingly similar to those Philipino Yamash-ita stories where someone finds tons of Japanese gold, but then either leaves it to come back for some reason, or leaves in the care of some relative.

Of course the gold is always gone when they return, or the relative takes the gold and now they have a big mansion, yachts, etc.

Honestly, I don't see relationship between my experience and your example, because in my experience there are people as witness that I located the spot with my MFD. People that dug later the spot and found a big chest. But your story doesn't tell me about the use of some MFD finding gold. This is the main idea of all my paragraph, MFD.

Arch

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Until you walk up on a hole that was not there several days ago and you were, but without your 2 box, hard to imagine the feeling.

Took 15 years to find out who got it.

How about ignoring a chatter with iron mask on and then finding a lock next to the hole 12 days later? Yes, it happens.

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
SWR said:
Saturna said:

Oh yes....tons and tons and tons of gold. :::hehe:::

Really? :o :o :o :o :o :o

I didn't know it!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Saturna said:

I'm a bit disenchanted with the amount of fantasists that are involved with treasure hunting.
I mean, yeah, I expected "dreamers", but an unfortunate number have crossed that threshold straight into the realm of the deluded. To be honest, outside of shipwreck hunting which is a mostly credible affair, I get an icky feeling being associated with this scene, largely based on the undesirable reputation TH'ing has earned on the backs of the noisy kooks who always seem to get on the news...

Even on a smaller scale I would wager my lifes savings that a meaningful percentage of the "great finds" as shown in this "Best Of" forum are complete frauds. Several have dead giveaway tells in this regard, yet dozens upon dozens upon dozens of positive replies pile up- WOW, WOW, WOW- without a single soul in possession of half a brain to see the facts that betray through the fiction... I won't call out any of them by name, but go to the "Best Of Treasurenet" forum and you'll see a few.
Why do people do this? For the same reason some pathetic souls wear military medals, in spite of having never served a day.

And yeah, the whole "falls just short of being provable" phenomenon is laughably standard.

So, I was out with my Ouija boards and they led me to the LOST MINE OF THE FLYING DUTCHMAN! so I marked the spot on a map, but the map blew away...

A week later, me and my crystal ball located Jimmy Hoffas gold, so I left to get a wheelbarrow but by the time I returned, it was gone!!!

It's lame. Predictable amongst the Walter Mitty types, but nevertheless lame.

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Oh, yes. Those misses occurred when I was running with a Minelab only. Found 1 huge hole (Where the chatter was) 1 hole where the lock was. 2x3 imprint in the hole, 1 hole 6inx 14in imprint, 1 hole 4x4 inx16 in imprint, and 4 post hole bank holes. I didn't have a LRL and they did. I ended up with a very nice silver snuff box found in a very old cemetery and they ended up in Europe. Oh, and a heart shaped lock about 3 in across. Cool thing is, I did this, I didn't read about it.

History,,,adventure, this went on in an area that pirates, outlaws, confederates, indians, spanish, french, and jesuits were in.

Alligators, snakes, wild hogs, poison spiders, quicksand, and a little something called a skunk ape were there to help.

This is doing, not reading or seeing pictures. Living life to the fullest, not being a no experience, know it all that can't prove anything on his own and begrudging any that do. Sorry, but most of the little unfounded opinions and foolish demands mean
as much as a gnat fart compared to what we do.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
LSMorgan said:
I'm a bit disenchanted with the amount of fantasists that are involved with treasure hunting.
I mean, yeah, I expected "dreamers", but an unfortunate number have crossed that threshold straight into the realm of the deluded.

It's the reason this website is so large though. The heavy emphasis and support of fantasy.

As noted the Shipwreck area is the main forum where real treasure is actually found, along with some of the detector finds in the UK/Europe, and Treasure in the news.

The reality for ordinary hunters is far more mundane. Why show people the pennies you actually found when you can tell them about the secret code you broke revealing the cave of gold ?

It's Indiana Jones time !!

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
That's right. as far as you are concerned,,wild. Validation??? Photos have been posted. Which you made fun of like a big boy.

Think about it. Anytime someone does post something several of you jump on it like jackals. I don't care jump on it, I post for the real Th'ers not you. I answer your questions that pertain to things the readers may want to know, not for you. Al info is wasted
that comes to you. Real important....NOT It is important that real hunters hear what goes on in the field, even if you think it is "wild", being so far from what you can do.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~SWR~
oh yes, making wild claims and statements without validation on internet message boards almost daily is both exhilarating and profitable
Found it... but, didn't dig it up. Fabricating stories to the fullest.
Oh yeah... and not posting pictures of anything significant to the topic/discussion/conversation
Gee LT..The same old excuses and rumors from him..Art

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
It's the way it is with them. Real obvious to other posters. If they go hunting they can relate. I've got 3 associates that do the same thing as we do. Same adventures, different places. I go with them sometimes, they go with me sometimes.

We all have a blast. It's not easy or enjoyable conditions, but it's not sitting on the couch harassing people and wishing I was one of the ones I was making fun of. Sounds a little like someone is a little jealous.

Remember when you were in grade school and there were kids nobody would play with? I guess they become EE's and go on forums.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
It's the way it is with them. Real obvious to other posters. If they go hunting they can relate. I've got 3 associates that do the same thing as we do. Same adventures, different places. I go with them sometimes, they go with me sometimes.

We all have a blast. It's not easy or enjoyable conditions, but it's not sitting on the couch harassing people and wishing I was one of the ones I was making fun of. Sounds a little like someone is a little jealous.
It sure is funny how “like minded” people can always get to gather and have some fun…I go on an outing every year with a bunch of conventional Metal Detector people..We treasure hunt and enjoy our hobby's…Art

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
I go on an outing every year with a bunch of conventional Metal Detector people..We treasure hunting and enjoy our hobby's…Art

Let me guess, they find stuff and actually dig it up, and you 'find' stuff with your LRL/dowser but don't dig it up.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~SaturnaSaturna~
Let me guess, they find stuff and actually dig it up, and you 'find' stuff with your LRL/dowser but don't dig it up.

In the real world I set my only true LRL up and wait for the signals to establish..They then follow the signal until it ends with their Metal Detectors..They dig the gold…At the end of our stay I get a split of the gold they dig..Works out great for all of us..They do not have sore backs from swinging the large coils that are required in this area and I make a few bucks..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread