What's new

lunch again 1700s site

jrwill56

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
194
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
found more hand made furniture tacks,window glass,and ceramics.also found this piece of iron,looks to be whole,5/16" thick 3 3/4 long,2" wide at blunt end .tapers to point.could it be a weapon?
 

Attachments

  • ecu 030.webp
    ecu 030.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 385
  • ecu 031.webp
    ecu 031.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 385
  • ecu 029.webp
    ecu 029.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 395
Looks like a kids toy flat iron, made from lead-alloy or pewter??
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Looks like a kids toy flat iron, made from lead-alloy or pewter??

Agreed, looks like a small flat iron.
 
Upvote 0
While growing up, my dad came home one day with an antique brass iron that had a "door" in the rear that lifted to expose a simalar piece of iron. It was this piece that was heated in a fire and then placed back into the iron. Same shape, but I believe it might of been bigger than this one. (about 5" long if I remember right.)

Charles
 
Upvote 0
I'll go with the kids toy flat iron suggestion. Appear too big and incorrectly shaped for soldering iron.
 
Upvote 0
Will go with iron missing the top. Have found several.
 
Upvote 0
vhs07 said:
While growing up, my dad came home one day with an antique brass iron that had a "door" in the rear that lifted to expose a simalar piece of iron. It was this piece that was heated in a fire and then placed back into the iron. Same shape, but I believe it might of been bigger than this one. (about 5" long if I remember right.)

Charles
like his ?
 

Attachments

  • !B(I2Jb!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1zHMKBK,z3Cn+Jw~~_35.webp
    !B(I2Jb!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1zHMKBK,z3Cn+Jw~~_35.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom