What's new

LURKERS

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You all ever take note of the great imbalance of posts vs. actual views on the threads that you post. Some threads can have over 500 views easy but only 5 or 6 posts. There may be a lot more lukers here than we realize. I challenge them to come forward and identify themselves. I am just putting that out there.

Golden Silver
 
Upvote 0
I enjoy seeing what you guys are posting whether I post or not.
Call me a lurker if you want, I did however lurk for almost three years before I signed up.

If I want to just cruise through and read I don't hurt anything.
I have a thread in Treasure marks and signs that reflects very much the same thing.
It has more than 10 X as many views as posts, last I looked there was almost 54,000 views.
I say great! someone is getting something from it.

If you are worried that the wrong person will see it ... DON'T POST IT.
 
I do a lot of lurking. I just dont get a chance to detect like I once did. So, I read about finds.
 
gwdigger said:
I do a lot of lurking. I just dont get a chance to detect like I once did. So, I read about finds.

I'll lurk on the Mding page. I haven't gone all year except my yard. I live in a house built in 1920 on a street where many homes were built in the 18th Century.
You know what I found?
zero! :dontknow:
HH Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
puckhead said:
GS - Good ole Patrick Earl is exactly who I thought of in the first sentence!

Enamel7 and Ag - you expressed my general feelings on this topic, thanks.

Mistergee - while I agree that CC is probably who and what he claims to be, given the CC history and the fact that just because someone says something about who they are and posts a picture to supposedly confirm what they are saying, on this wonderful thing called the Internet, we can make up any identity we want. Unless you are a skilled hacker and break into their PC to confirm, OR you work for 1 of those agencies that obediah and Rich Hartford are always alluding to, I do not think you can safely say who is who. Just sayin that not everyone is who they say they are and to assume such is not a great idea.

HH all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :laughing7:

Hey Puck.
What agencies am I always alluding to besides banks?
Rich

Well where is the answer to my question? None, right !
Puck off
 
Ok, last time. Question:
If I post a picture of John Wayne and say it is of me and you see it, does that mean I'm John Wayne?
Poor example, I'm Joe Biden. And if need be I'll post a photo of him er me and prove it.
Geez Louise! I've been here a longggggg tiime and never posted a lie. I just get tired of everyone sayin how mature this kids become. if you can't see that he's stringing you along, okay. I'm leaving now. Some, no most of you I will miss.
HH
Gilbert
Moderator, please close this topic.
 
Easy Killer

Rich,
When I begin to let myself be defined by bigots who revel in tales of their flatulence, I'll let you know.
Punctuated and capitalized for your simple understanding. Also, Travellin, is a take off of Travelling which can be spelled with one L, or two. Check it out, you cunning linguist.
 
:dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Pete, keep on traveling down the road.

apush :read2:
 
Opps, sorry. :-\


I read the thread and almost forgot to post!



I read the CRH threads to feel heartbroken and jealous. I'm in Germany and it's tough to do any CRH, so I live vicariously through y'alls posts. That's all.

okthankyoubye!~
 
Re: Easy Killer

travellinpete said:
Rich,
When I begin to let myself be defined by bigots who revel in tales of their flatulence, I'll let you know.
Punctuated and capitalized for your simple understanding. Also, Travellin, is a take off of Travelling which can be spelled with one L, or two. Check it out, you cunning linguist.

Come on Petey, admit it, you loved that story. Reminded you of pulling Grandpa's finger. :laughing7:
Lighten up, find yourself some silver.
HH
Rich
 
airborne1092 said:
Opps, sorry. :-\


I read the thread and almost forgot to post!



I read the CRH threads to feel heartbroken and jealous. I'm in Germany and it's tough to do any CRH, so I live vicariously through y'alls posts. That's all.

okthankyoubye!~
Air,
There is some serious treasure to be found in Europe if you have a detector and know where to go.
HH
Rich
 
airborne1092 said:
Opps, sorry. :-\


I read the thread and almost forgot to post!



I read the CRH threads to feel heartbroken and jealous. I'm in Germany and it's tough to do any CRH, so I live vicariously through y'alls posts. That's all.

okthankyoubye!~
Are a German or are ya an AmeriKan stationed there?
 
Some "lurkers" :evil5: and some are just :angel2: and others are just :hello:'ly
 
Lurker, Well I guess I mostly am nowadays. I haven't bought a box this year yet. It's just too difficult to dump the coins. The nearest machine is 30 miles away and they changed their hours to match my work hours so I would have to use vacation time to cash in the change. But I still look and read the forum here every day.

Keep on hunting guys and gals, and post your stories no matter how big or small because I like to read them. :hello2:
 
Scott (Mich) said:
Lurker, Well I guess I mostly am nowadays. I haven't bought a box this year yet. It's just too difficult to dump the coins. The nearest machine is 30 miles away and they changed their hours to match my work hours so I would have to use vacation time to cash in the change. But I still look and read the forum here every day.

Keep on hunting guys and gals, and post your stories no matter how big or small because I like to read them. :hello2:
Get a new job or go on unemployment- you gotta get you some Boxes! :laughing7:
 
Did I miss something or did Enamel just drop out of the forum? Geez peeps I did not mean to cause a stir with this thread. I thought it was innocent enough. Just curious how many are out there doing the hobbie that are not posting that is all. Certainly all are welcome except for maybe Travellin Peter I mean Pete. He obviously was a lurker and took offense which is why he went on the attack. Happy Hunting all.

Golden Silver
 
I have been a member of this site for about two years. I lurk here about every other day. I do not have a lot of posts. I do enjoy all your finds It keeps me motivated. I mostly search nickles so my finds are not often that spectacular. Keep in Coin Roll Searching! :hello2:

Gordon
 
Golden Silver,
I agree with you. We need him back. I even PM'd him. Maybe others should do so as well. I took great offense to Pete's attacks on 2 veteran members. These are great guys who I think the world of, including you GS.
Again, travel on down that road Pete. And don't let the door hit you in the be-hind. Go ahead and question my position. Go for it. Bet you won't win. :laughing9: You done and pizzed this ol' girl off. But, he is one of those that will change his name or profile . . . but he will never change his "colors."

apush :read2:
 
Periodically this forum gets it's knickers in a twist about somebody's rant - RELAX PEOPLE !
this CRH thing is a hobby , Even if you score a dream box or bag , in the grand scheme of
things it is chump change ! Lurk if you like ! , post if you are so inclined , but for God's
sake -lighten up and enjoy a fun pastime . Argentium.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom