What's new

LURKERS

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You all ever take note of the great imbalance of posts vs. actual views on the threads that you post. Some threads can have over 500 views easy but only 5 or 6 posts. There may be a lot more lukers here than we realize. I challenge them to come forward and identify themselves. I am just putting that out there.

Golden Silver
 
Upvote 0
wtf? I would think though "guests" do not count as views but I guess I am wrong. that number is way high...

but I have noticed which I still question, why is there so many member that don't post finds? why be here then?
 
guests don't count on the meter
but you count every time you look in,
so does every member on treasurenet who
looks in.

just because alot arn't into Coin roll hunting,
dosn't mean they won't look in & read.
We are still all Intrested in treasure Hunting.
no matter what your Treasure may be.
 
Thanks Jeff. I see what you mean but even if all of those who post or even all CRHers that post check the thread a couple of times it does not seem to add up. I can understand people from other forums checking us out because we are cool :headbang: but I guess my thought is if they are just visitors to the website or from another forum and they don't post does that classify them as a lurker? It just got me thinking that there could be a lot more doing this hobbie on this site than I originally thought. Thanks for the B-day recognition by the way Jeff. Take care.

Golden silver
 
no i wouldn't call a shipwreck hunter ,
or relic hunter a lurker, just because
they look in here, read and move on.
 
golden silver said:
You all ever take note of the great imbalance of posts vs. actual views on the threads that you post. Some threads can have over 500 views easy but only 5 or 6 posts. There may be a lot more lukers here than we realize. I challenge them to come forward and identify themselves. I am just putting that out there.

Golden Silver
I rather figure alot of them are agents of org's with acronymns such as (too name but a few), times 50 Dept of State Revenue [compliance division], FBI, TSA, Dept of Homeland inSecurity, multitudes of local Police agencies, and who knows what other Gov agents! Oh and if you doubt they watch these Forums you is really naive! :evil5: :icon_pale: :BangHead:
 
The other thing you did not take into account was that just because someone is intereseted in reading a post about a first Barber, Walker or some other sweet find doesn't mean that they have anything to say about it. Not everyone believes in posting just a :icon_thumright: or some other emoticon to indicate a good find. Also it may be a case of a reader not having anything to add to to the discussion or having an answer to a question posed. I think we have had several n00bs join in the discussion over the last few weeks and they will continue to do so as time and hunting permit. To them I say welcome aboard and to everyone good luck and HH.
 
obediah said:
golden silver said:
You all ever take note of the great imbalance of posts vs. actual views on the threads that you post. Some threads can have over 500 views easy but only 5 or 6 posts. There may be a lot more lukers here than we realize. I challenge them to come forward and identify themselves. I am just putting that out there.

Golden Silver
I rather figure alot of them are agents of org's with acronymns such as (too name but a few), times 50 Dept of State Revenue [compliance division], FBI, TSA, Dept of Homeland inSecurity, multitudes of local Police agencies, and who knows what other Gov agents! Oh and if you doubt they watch these Forums you is really naive! :evil5: :icon_pale: :BangHead:

Really! :icon_scratch: Let me put my head back in the sand,and maybe it will go away.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
obediah said:
golden silver said:
You all ever take note of the great imbalance of posts vs. actual views on the threads that you post. Some threads can have over 500 views easy but only 5 or 6 posts. There may be a lot more lukers here than we realize. I challenge them to come forward and identify themselves. I am just putting that out there.

Golden Silver
I rather figure alot of them are agents of org's with acronymns such as (too name but a few), times 50 Dept of State Revenue [compliance division], FBI, TSA, Dept of Homeland inSecurity, multitudes of local Police agencies, and who knows what other Gov agents! Oh and if you doubt they watch these Forums you is really naive! :evil5: :icon_pale: :BangHead:

Really! :icon_scratch: Let me put my head back in the sand,and maybe it will go away.
HH
Rich
Just don't do it on a Beach in the Gulf of Mexico. :laughing7:
 
[/quote]I rather figure alot of them are agents of org's with acronymns such as (too name but a few), times 50 Dept of State Revenue [compliance division], FBI, TSA, Dept of Homeland inSecurity, multitudes of local Police agencies, and who knows what other Gov agents! Oh and if you doubt they watch these Forums you is really naive! :evil5: :icon_pale: :BangHead:
[/quote]

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
 
I rather figure alot of them are agents of org's with acronymns such as (too name but a few), times 50 Dept of State Revenue [compliance division], FBI, TSA, Dept of Homeland inSecurity, multitudes of local Police agencies, and who knows what other Gov agents! Oh and if you doubt they watch these Forums you is really naive! :evil5: :icon_pale: :BangHead:
[/quote]

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
[/quote]No the "sky" is not nor has it ever been "falling" what is going on is actually a mire that is rising up about US cause that is what has happened to US we have become mired in bureaucracy to the point of tyranny- though admittedly the vast majority of US are consumed in the pursuits of our base culture and are indifferent and oblivious to what is happening or will naturally follow today's ominous course we are upon.

I talked to a guy running for County mayor against the incumbent who on her flier boasts of her experience listing what looks to me to be 28 years at the Gov teet in other words part of the problem; my new friend told me his total (uncompromising) position to oppose more taxes and the Federal Gov interference- I told him that would be considered by some to be a suicidal plan (reelection), he said to me, "I'm 67 and I don't care, ..... ." Well he has my vote, and hope many more, enough to win(?).


http://www.infowars.com/american-idolatry-intensifies-as-nation-sinks-in-to-depression/
 
More of a lurker over the years than a poster. Enjoy the news of success on the board. Helps during the recent slump :help:. Miss the silver rush of the early 2000's. Just ask the Silver Panther (last known handle) if she's brave enough to post about the the good old days..............
 
i lurked here for 6-8 months before i started posting. i have been a hunter for years. i think most dedicated lurkers do finally sign up and get in the game here
 
My son and I will occasionally go through a box of pennys. I posted the results of one search a while back. There were 135 views and only 1 reply. Maybe people feel that some posts are just not worthy of a reply. Maybe some who "lurk" in this forum feel intimidated by the big players and their finds, and that's why they do not comment. There could be any number of reasons why people look but do not reply. Who knows?
 
Sometimes it just doesn't need to have anything posted. If the post is ho hum, then why post. Unless you are like some on this forum that want to run your post totals up so as to make you feel important. I don't believe in just posting a thumbs up.
Then there are the other types. You know, using multiple user names (which by the way I thought by the rules was worthy of banishment, but apparently not). You members know who you are. I also think that a certain someone guilty of this in the past is still doing it.
The thing is a lot of people think of this forum as a small thing. LOTS of people read the forums daily. Kinda of goes back to new members asking what boxes are better or how can they order bags instead of boxes. Listen folks, this is one HUGE country and different areas have different rules, banks, etc.
Be thankful you are able to find silver and rarieties at all.
One more thing. Please don't try to run your post totals up as fast as possible and then give new people advice like you're some kind of expert. You come off looking like an id..t when you do that. Goes for bring back old "rules" you created and thinking others need your "expert" advice. You have none. Most of posters with any sense know what is going on, but newbies don't.
Like I've said before, I'll post when someone needs help or I need some also. I'll also post to congratulate someone for a great find. I just won't use the ole 'thumbs up". To the majority out there,
HH
enamel7
 
i used to lurk...my bad :laughing9:
also, i noticed the view # is at like 400, but inly a handfull of posts!
 
breaking the silence

ive been reading you guys for like 3 years. you have to be a SOMEHOW mentally unstable egomaniac to post here. nevermind all the very valuable information you arm people with. welfare exists and its funny because here you are complaining about stuff like that yet givin up yo own cheese, mmmmhmmmm. dude with the KKK robe and beard and weapons. shave. move. burn your computer. i agree with the base of your thoughts, but why dont you just write em a letter saying heres what i think of you, heres what i do, heres what i got, you aint gettin none, i would like to be the first one you drag away kicking and screaming please. sincerely, beardy, robey, weapon guy.

i know everything i know through experience, i know how much it cost me, and i be damned if id give it up to someone i loathed. i wont mention any names, but it rhymes with oincrazed. i have a boatload of reasons to read your posts, if you have to ask why, find something better to do with your time. distribute meth or something. buy an iroc or a trans-am and just work on it, stay home, please. i mean, i wont even mention how long ive been doing this, and to be completely honest big brother, ive never searched for coins from banks.

happy hunting childrens,
put your big boy pants on

and just so its not all negative ranting, read this book itll help you contro,l your ego: eckhart tolle - a new earth
 
There is no way you could have read that book. It's got to be very dark up there where your head is at.
HH
Rich
 
Re: breaking the silence

travellinpete said:
ive been reading you guys for like 3 years. you have to be a SOMEHOW mentally unstable egomaniac to post here. nevermind all the very valuable information you arm people with. welfare exists and its funny because here you are complaining about stuff like that yet givin up yo own cheese, mmmmhmmmm. dude with the KKK robe and beard and weapons. shave. move. burn your computer. i agree with the base of your thoughts, but why dont you just write em a letter saying heres what i think of you, heres what i do, heres what i got, you aint gettin none, i would like to be the first one you drag away kicking and screaming please. sincerely, beardy, robey, weapon guy.

i know everything i know through experience, i know how much it cost me, and i be damned if id give it up to someone i loathed. i wont mention any names, but it rhymes with oincrazed. i have a boatload of reasons to read your posts, if you have to ask why, find something better to do with your time. distribute meth or something. buy an iroc or a trans-am and just work on it, stay home, please. i mean, i wont even mention how long ive been doing this, and to be completely honest big brother, ive never searched for coins from banks.

happy hunting childrens,
put your big boy pants on

and just so its not all negative ranting, read this book itll help you contro,l your ego: eckhart tolle - a new earth

With a name like Pete I always expect a imagesCAS38OK7.webp

BTW-i've been "lurking" here for years and I even reply every now and then but I don't show my finds anymore.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom