What's new

LURKERS

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You all ever take note of the great imbalance of posts vs. actual views on the threads that you post. Some threads can have over 500 views easy but only 5 or 6 posts. There may be a lot more lukers here than we realize. I challenge them to come forward and identify themselves. I am just putting that out there.

Golden Silver
 
Upvote 0
ive been reading you guys for like 3 years. you have to be a SOMEHOW mentally unstable egomaniac to post here
you just did.....keep on travelin Pete.
i wont mention any names, but it rhymes with oincrazed
pretty cool picking on a 15 year old.
if you have nothing positive to post with your 2 measly posts then stay in the shadows and keep your negativity to yourself.
 
enamel7 said:
Sometimes it just doesn't need to have anything posted. If the post is ho hum, then why post. Unless you are like some on this forum that want to run your post totals up so as to make you feel important. I don't believe in just posting a thumbs up.
Then there are the other types. You know, using multiple user names (which by the way I thought by the rules was worthy of banishment, but apparently not). You members know who you are. I also think that a certain someone guilty of this in the past is still doing it.
The thing is a lot of people think of this forum as a small thing. LOTS of people read the forums daily. Kinda of goes back to new members asking what boxes are better or how can they order bags instead of boxes. Listen folks, this is one HUGE country and different areas have different rules, banks, etc.
Be thankful you are able to find silver and rarieties at all.
One more thing. Please don't try to run your post totals up as fast as possible and then give new people advice like you're some kind of expert. You come off looking like an id..t when you do that. Goes for bring back old "rules" you created and thinking others need your "expert" advice. You have none. Most of posters with any sense know what is going on, but newbies don't.
Like I've said before, I'll post when someone needs help or I need some also. I'll also post to congratulate someone for a great find. I just won't use the ole 'thumbs up". To the majority out there,
HH
enamel7
Tell me were U turned down when you applied to be an SS or Guestapo goon'er or I mean Homeland inSecurity thug? You sure worry about alota drivel!
 
enamel7 said:
Sometimes it just doesn't need to have anything posted. If the post is ho hum, then why post. Unless you are like some on this forum that want to run your post totals up so as to make you feel important. I don't believe in just posting a thumbs up.
Then there are the other types. You know, using multiple user names (which by the way I thought by the rules was worthy of banishment, but apparently not). You members know who you are. I also think that a certain someone guilty of this in the past is still doing it.
The thing is a lot of people think of this forum as a small thing. LOTS of people read the forums daily. Kinda of goes back to new members asking what boxes are better or how can they order bags instead of boxes. Listen folks, this is one HUGE country and different areas have different rules, banks, etc.
Be thankful you are able to find silver and rarieties at all.
One more thing. Please don't try to run your post totals up as fast as possible and then give new people advice like you're some kind of expert. You come off looking like an id..t when you do that. Goes for bring back old "rules" you created and thinking others need your "expert" advice. You have none. Most of posters with any sense know what is going on, but newbies don't.
Like I've said before, I'll post when someone needs help or I need some also. I'll also post to congratulate someone for a great find. I just won't use the ole 'thumbs up". To the majority out there,
HH
enamel7

I hope your post wasn't directed at me. Your time of the month?
 
FingerGrime said:
and on that note ... :icon_thumleft:

Hahaha, I just had to post that this was funny.

But I do agree mainly with enamel. Everyone is different. So who cares what you search. Go search what you want. Frankly no one here gives a rats arse. You dont have to post everytime you find a tasty canadian beaver and a wheatie in grandma's coin purse. You dont have to post a thumbs up to every post since last August over the course of an evening. Just because you have 2K posts, it doesnt make you an expert on dime bags. But you know what. The best part, this is a public forum and you can post what the heck you want (within the guidelines of course) and no one can stop you.
 
travellinpete said:
ive been reading you guys for like 3 years. you have to be a SOMEHOW mentally unstable egomaniac to post here. nevermind all the very valuable information you arm people with. welfare exists and its funny because here you are complaining about stuff like that yet givin up yo own cheese, mmmmhmmmm. dude with the KKK robe and beard and weapons. shave. move. burn your computer. i agree with the base of your thoughts, but why dont you just write em a letter saying heres what i think of you, heres what i do, heres what i got, you aint gettin none, i would like to be the first one you drag away kicking and screaming please. sincerely, beardy, robey, weapon guy.

i know everything i know through experience, i know how much it cost me, and i be damned if id give it up to someone i loathed. i wont mention any names, but it rhymes with oincrazed. i have a boatload of reasons to read your posts, if you have to ask why, find something better to do with your time. distribute meth or something. buy an iroc or a trans-am and just work on it, stay home, please. i mean, i wont even mention how long ive been doing this, and to be completely honest big brother, ive never searched for coins from banks.

happy hunting childrens,
put your big boy pants on

and just so its not all negative ranting, read this book itll help you contro,l your ego: eckhart tolle - a new earth

TP, may I suggest some refreshment in cognative english and punctuation skills in your future.

and yes... stop picking on 15 year olds... just isnt cool. CC may be young, but he is learning.
 
thrillathahunt said:
enamel7 said:
Sometimes it just doesn't need to have anything posted. If the post is ho hum, then why post. Unless you are like some on this forum that want to run your post totals up so as to make you feel important. I don't believe in just posting a thumbs up.
Then there are the other types. You know, using multiple user names (which by the way I thought by the rules was worthy of banishment, but apparently not). You members know who you are. I also think that a certain someone guilty of this in the past is still doing it.
The thing is a lot of people think of this forum as a small thing. LOTS of people read the forums daily. Kinda of goes back to new members asking what boxes are better or how can they order bags instead of boxes. Listen folks, this is one HUGE country and different areas have different rules, banks, etc.
Be thankful you are able to find silver and rarieties at all.
One more thing. Please don't try to run your post totals up as fast as possible and then give new people advice like you're some kind of expert. You come off looking like an id..t when you do that. Goes for bring back old "rules" you created and thinking others need your "expert" advice. You have none. Most of posters with any sense know what is going on, but newbies don't.
Like I've said before, I'll post when someone needs help or I need some also. I'll also post to congratulate someone for a great find. I just won't use the ole 'thumbs up". To the majority out there,
HH
enamel7

I hope your post wasn't directed at me. Your time of the month?
No, of course it wasn't. You are an excellent poster. :icon_thumright:
 
Thanx to Ag for getting what I was saying. With new members coming on the forum all of the time, I just believe they should get factual info. And as for the drivel, you still believe he is a 15 year old? Come on, show a little. There are others that agree, but I won't mention names out of respect. Notice how he came back after being banned for multiple posting, then a lot of new folks show up? I'm just sayin. ::)
HH
enamel7
 
enamel7 said:
Thanx to Ag for getting what I was saying. With new members coming on the forum all of the time, I just believe they should get factual info. And as for the drivel, you still believe he is a 15 year old? Come on, show a little. There are others that agree, but I won't mention names out of respect. Notice how he came back after being banned for multiple posting, then a lot of new folks show up? I'm just sayin. ::)
HH
enamel7

Yes, I do believe CC is what he says. I dont have any other reason to doubt him. His posts even from other users are fairly easy to distinguish. Admins can easily check to see if these new posters are the same person via ip address and subnet. I believe the influx of new posters is more related to the price of AG and the word getting around. I am sure for ever one of us posting here there are X10 that number of searchers in each area.
 
Haven't been on here in awhile but the last time I was I thought Coin Crazed = Bad, Silver = Good but none of that mattered because all of the silver is being culled and there is too much competition. I gave it up about a year ago (still occasionally buy a box of dimes) because I just got tired of lugging around $1,000's of halves. I still stop in the read the posts (most of which have become reposts of the same ideas/theories/experiences for 2 years ago. So I read the posts about the good silver finds but rarely have much to add to the conversations.

And as for the super paranoid guy's post, well he really just said what alot of people have been saying here, he just said it in an offensive, paranoid, una-bomber kind of way. And he ripped on CC, whom I have always found to be rather disingenuous and doesn't deserve anybody sticking up for him.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
FingerGrime said:
and on that note ... :icon_thumleft:

Hahaha, I just had to post that this was funny.

But I do agree mainly with enamel. Everyone is different. So who cares what you search. Go search what you want. Frankly no one here gives a rats arse. You dont have to post everytime you find a tasty canadian beaver and a wheatie in grandma's coin purse. You dont have to post a thumbs up to every post since last August over the course of an evening. Just because you have 2K posts, it doesnt make you an expert on dime bags. But you know what. The best part, this is a public forum and you can post what the heck you want (within the guidelines of course) and no one can stop you.

When I find one of those Canadians,I kind of keep it secret. :o
HH
Rich
 
the simple fact is some folks are "info / knowledge vampires" - they read and take in as much info and others knowledge as possible and give zip in return --- i learn alot of info --but i do share a fair bit -- lots of folks are all take and no "'give" back .

then there are the "nice find" only poster types --- a few folks are real knowlege "sharers" and their post are often quite good and helpful. :icon_thumright:
 
I'm apologize folks. I surely didn't mean to bring grandma's "beaver" into this. ::) As for the posting under multiple IDs, I only pointed out what he already admitted to.
 
He is my two cents or should I say $20 on this topic.

I invite all the CRHers to take a look at the writing under the Banner. Do you see the words "LIVE!"

I don't think many of you do. Here is why. This is a special feature that is only available to Charter Members. It lists new post and replies in real time. In otherwords you don't have to keep hitting refresh.

I spend most of my time while on Treasurenet in"LIVE" I suspect many other Charter Members do the same. Thus when they see a title to post that catches their eye they go read it. Such was probably the case with Joad's "Walker Hoard" that made the Banner.

Also each time you go back and look at a post to see what somebody posted after you posted that adds to the tally of views.

I feel my Charter Membership has paid for its self atleast 20x over

You decide.

I just think there are more Charter Members on other parts of the forum than on this board and they see an interesting title and it spikes an interest. This is not meant as a jab or insult on anybody or group. If you have taken it that way, it was not meant you are mistaken. It is only an observation.
 
And as for the drivel, you still believe he is a 15 year old?
here's CC
111002-1.webp
 
First i would like to say i lurked here for about 6 months before i joined over a year ago. i dont really post anymore however because of all the activity of this board recently, although i do check in daily as i enjoy reading about other peoples finds.

Also i think this post should be closed, because imo it is the manifestation of all the negativity we all hated on this board. we do this to enjoy ourselves, but to belittle others behind a computer screen is a little rediculous. Some people need to grow up, even CC has shown some maturity since he came back, i suggest we all do the same.

QS
 
First does Travellinpete Remind anyone of Goode Ole Patrick Earl Houston (to those who remember)LOL???? He does to me. And Rich, as always your comments are hilarious.

Golden Silver
 
GS - Good ole Patrick Earl is exactly who I thought of in the first sentence!

Enamel7 and Ag - you expressed my general feelings on this topic, thanks.

Mistergee - while I agree that CC is probably who and what he claims to be, given the CC history and the fact that just because someone says something about who they are and posts a picture to supposedly confirm what they are saying, on this wonderful thing called the Internet, we can make up any identity we want. Unless you are a skilled hacker and break into their PC to confirm, OR you work for 1 of those agencies that obediah and Rich Hartford are always alluding to, I do not think you can safely say who is who. Just sayin that not everyone is who they say they are and to assume such is not a great idea.

HH all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :laughing7:
 
puckhead said:
GS - Good ole Patrick Earl is exactly who I thought of in the first sentence!

Enamel7 and Ag - you expressed my general feelings on this topic, thanks.

Mistergee - while I agree that CC is probably who and what he claims to be, given the CC history and the fact that just because someone says something about who they are and posts a picture to supposedly confirm what they are saying, on this wonderful thing called the Internet, we can make up any identity we want. Unless you are a skilled hacker and break into their PC to confirm, OR you work for 1 of those agencies that obediah and Rich Hartford are always alluding to, I do not think you can safely say who is who. Just sayin that not everyone is who they say they are and to assume such is not a great idea.

HH all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :laughing7:

Hey Puck.
What agencies am I always alluding to besides banks?
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom