What's new

LURKERS

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You all ever take note of the great imbalance of posts vs. actual views on the threads that you post. Some threads can have over 500 views easy but only 5 or 6 posts. There may be a lot more lukers here than we realize. I challenge them to come forward and identify themselves. I am just putting that out there.

Golden Silver
 
Upvote 0
Whoops sorry dident mean to post.... just lurking.
 
Rich Hartford said:
airborne1092 said:
Opps, sorry. :-\


I read the thread and almost forgot to post!



I read the CRH threads to feel heartbroken and jealous. I'm in Germany and it's tough to do any CRH, so I live vicariously through y'alls posts. That's all.

okthankyoubye!~
Air,
There is some serious treasure to be found in Europe if you have a detector and know where to go.
HH
Rich

Yea, my Ace 250 just came in the mail last week and I have a few 'modern' spots cased already.

It's exciting when you realize there is thousands of years of history under every step waiting to be found again! In so far as CRH specifically, that is a low key hobby (habit?) to do but it's difficult over here with the bank and CU that service the military. I'm relegated to searching pocket change, quite literally.
 
obediah said:
airborne1092 said:
Opps, sorry. :-\


I read the thread and almost forgot to post!



I read the CRH threads to feel heartbroken and jealous. I'm in Germany and it's tough to do any CRH, so I live vicariously through y'alls posts. That's all.

okthankyoubye!~
Are a German or are ya an AmeriKan stationed there?

Not sure what the big red K stands for, but yes, I'm an American stationed here.

The only references I can think of for the K and to answer them:

While I am white, I'm not racist or a memeber of the KKK.
While I'm a supporter of my President and Commander in Chief, I'm not a fan of our President, the man.
Yes, I'm and AmeriCan and not an AmeriCan't (haha!)
Perhaps a Kafka or a European spelling reference? I'm not sure where that would leave me.

I must appologize, Obediah. I'm not so much of a 'nudge, nudge' guy as I am an 'up front, lay it all out there' guy. Not that being like that is wrong - I just don't take hints too well and perhaps I'm selfish because I'd rather folks be straight shooters to make the decision making process easier.

I offer this to you, PM me with whatever questions or concerns you have if you're concerned about upsetting folks here in 'public.' I'd be honestly excited to discuss anything with you from the weather to politics. Going over your other posts and replies, you sould like a genuinely intellegent and interesting gentleman. I know it's tough to get a good feel when reading a board as communication is 80% non-verbal, but this offer is sincere.
 
Obediah wrote:
I rather figure alot of them are agents of org's with acronymns such as (too name but a few), times 50 Dept of State Revenue [compliance division], FBI, TSA, Dept of Homeland inSecurity, multitudes of local Police agencies, and who knows what other Gov agents! Oh and if you doubt they watch these Forums you is really naive!



You might be onto something here, Obediah. The government bureaucrats are desperate for money. This place might be a good place to look for potential unreported income sources to tax.

Kind of like they are doing with the proposed new Form 1099 requirements in the democrats "Healthcare Reform Bill".
 
:lurk:

couldnt resist.
 
news flash * for those who think the cops (and govt in general) do not "monitor" the web --my teenaged niece --screwed up and posted on the web a photo of 3 count em 3 pot plants that she "found" growing in the woods behind her house -- ( idiot thought it was "cool" )-- she soon found out why one should be very careful what one "post" on their website --when the cops showed up questioning her on the where abouts of said pot plants -- she led the cops to them and being they were in a empty chunk of woods they took them and warned her -- since they could not "prove" she owned them , (she did not) luckly she was not charged with a crime. --however they said if she did NOT show them where they were located she would be charged with "obtructing" an investagation .

so folks first hand -- yes they are watching and monitoring -- so watch what you post and say.
 
Amen to that. I will second that opinion.

Golden Silver
 
I "Lurk" only because I am new to CRHunting, and MD. I enjoy learing about everything other people have found and learn their techniques. I started with CRHunting in January just trying to find rare Lincoln cents and start filling my book. Also started MD back last July, still learning the ropes and only finding trash. Nothing ever worth a post. By the way this is my first post after "Lirking" for 3 months on the forms. :headbang:
 
Welcome to the other side Lurker....or should I say non lurker :wink:

golden silver
 
obediah said:
enamel7 said:
Sometimes it just doesn't need to have anything posted. If the post is ho hum, then why post. Unless you are like some on this forum that want to run your post totals up so as to make you feel important. I don't believe in just posting a thumbs up.
Then there are the other types. You know, using multiple user names (which by the way I thought by the rules was worthy of banishment, but apparently not). You members know who you are. I also think that a certain someone guilty of this in the past is still doing it.
The thing is a lot of people think of this forum as a small thing. LOTS of people read the forums daily. Kinda of goes back to new members asking what boxes are better or how can they order bags instead of boxes. Listen folks, this is one HUGE country and different areas have different rules, banks, etc.
Be thankful you are able to find silver and rarieties at all.
One more thing. Please don't try to run your post totals up as fast as possible and then give new people advice like you're some kind of expert. You come off looking like an id..t when you do that. Goes for bring back old "rules" you created and thinking others need your "expert" advice. You have none. Most of posters with any sense know what is going on, but newbies don't.
Like I've said before, I'll post when someone needs help or I need some also. I'll also post to congratulate someone for a great find. I just won't use the ole 'thumbs up". To the majority out there,
HH
enamel7
Tell me were U turned down when you applied to be an SS or Guestapo goon'er or I mean Homeland inSecurity thug? You sure worry about alota drivel!
Speaking of pot. ::)
 
ivan salis said:
news flash * for those who think the cops (and govt in general) do not "monitor" the web --my teenaged niece --screwed up and posted on the web a photo of 3 count em 3 pot plants that she "found" growing in the woods behind her house -- ( idiot thought it was "cool" )-- she soon found out why one should be very careful what one "post" on their website --when the cops showed up questioning her on the where abouts of said pot plants -- she led the cops to them and being they were in a empty chunk of woods they took them and warned her -- since they could not "prove" she owned them , (she did not) luckly she was not charged with a crime. --however they said if she did NOT show them where they were located she would be charged with "obtructing" an investagation .

so folks first hand -- yes they are watching and monitoring -- so watch what you post and say.
You should NEVER talk to a Cop period; they will lie to you fro mthe get go to get you to talk & if they can hang you too!

YouTube - Don't Talk to Cops, Part 2
An experienced police officer tells you why you should never agree to be interviewed by the police.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

They really no longer are your friends; now that we no longer have Constitutionally protected rights, e.g. Homeland Security is outside Constitution, and most local police are now adjuncts of Homeland inSecurity with few noteworthy exceptions, Sheriff Joe Arpio in Az and Sheriff Tony Demeo in NV.


http://www.infowars.com/constitutional sheriff-tony-demeo/
 
I still read here once in a while, but usually not logged in.

When I started CRHing in my little town, seemed like I was the only one doing it. Now there's about 5-10 people doing it, and not much out there for any of us so I just quit. Got tired of going thru rejects al the time. The first time another CRHer started, they were only pulling 90%ers out and leaving all of the 40's, so I didn't mind one bit and kept at it.

I've done a couple big road trips without much success at all, and no bank here has a machine that takes halves, so I had to re-roll everything by hand and it got to be a big PITA.
 
I on a lot, but never sign in , I like to read the stuff that is posted, I use to be on a lot , but all the people I posted with stopped detecting or went to other sites, it fun to post stuff when you know who is on, and this site is so huge, I start in one spot and 5 hours later, I'm not half done with the stuff and don't have time to post
 
Well, if 500 people look per post.. it's not that bad.. consider how many people countrywide do this sort of thing. I'm sure there's more than 500 people doing it and I'm sure many have access to internet. If it was 10,000 people, I'd start getting worried and not post anymore. I generally don't post about my finds since they are meager anyhow. I'm not going to post about getting skunked, finding a 1944 wheat penny, or getting 2 40%'s in a box. I do like to however respond to other people's posts and give any advice or info if I could. The key info here is getting advice on how to deal with these picky bank employees and how to get the next order. The key is to keep the supply moving so the search moves on.
 
I am guilty as charged.
I really enjoy reading about peoples' experiences and learning from the obviously experienced posters - but as a newbie to THing I at least know enough to realize that I dont have much of anything constructive to add to most of these threads.

I dont 'know' anyone in this forum, altho I have a few favorite people based on what I see from their consistently uplifting posts.
Of course, I also have a few decidedly non-favorite people for the same reason!

Simply put, I dont post because A) does anybody really care about my opinion? I'm wet behind the ears and I know it! I understand the old saying "it's best to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open one's mouth & remove all doubt..." and B) posting on a thread where people know each other, have associated for a long while, and have a conversation going may be seen as abrasive & intrusive. If three or four friends were sitting at a table in a restaurant talking, I wouldnt just insert myself into their midst & start adding my two cents. I'm not that arrogant.

If, over time, I make friends here I'll be happy to get to know folks. But I'm not going to try to force myself onto others in the virtual world any more than I would in the real one.

People become friends over time and I'm OK waiting for that to develop naturally.
In the meantime, I'll enjoy reading & learning from all you nice people while I learn about this board. It's a nice site, by the way :icon_thumright:

Digz :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom