What's new

Luv when things have dates but what is it from

dduffy

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
I found a new place to hunt. It's another old farm barns and home have been removed. I found the plate close to where the barn was and the button out in the field. The button has no writing on it and is smooth. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Duff
 

Attachments

  • pat apr 20 1897.webp
    pat apr 20 1897.webp
    122.4 KB · Views: 508
  • pat 721.webp
    pat 721.webp
    83 KB · Views: 492
  • but front.webp
    but front.webp
    138.1 KB · Views: 482
  • but back.webp
    but back.webp
    94.8 KB · Views: 470
Does the 721 mean anything??/
 
Upvote 0
There were 400+ patents issued that day, so it's going to be tough to put a label on a non-descript piece like this. I think Kevo was on the right track with the plow idea. Probably some type of cover plate that fell off a random piece of farm machinery.
 
Upvote 0
I first thought it was a coin slot but thinking about it,
I agree with daroofa,
its probably from farm machinery,
a slot for a lever perhaps.
 
Upvote 0
I think you are correct. thanks for looking

Duff
 
Upvote 0
Is it a two piece button? Front brass and steel back or lead filled?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom