What's new

Macomb Pottery Jug

  • Thread starter Thread starter RW
  • Start date Start date

RW

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
930
Reaction score
1,002
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Found this Macomb Pottery Jug at my new foraging ground. Someone had converted it into a lamp at some point. The mouth is broken but I have both pieces and should glue up nicely if I try to. Also found an old cattle syringe maybe? Maybe a small ink bottle? A common telephone insulator. Delicious Delaware Punch bottle and a couple more Coke bottles and some etc... Also found about 40 pounds of copper wire and saw a big flock of wild turkeys.
 

Attachments

  • macomb 1.webp
    macomb 1.webp
    184.1 KB · Views: 471
  • macomb 2.webp
    macomb 2.webp
    87.3 KB · Views: 488
  • syringe.webp
    syringe.webp
    195.8 KB · Views: 469
  • insulate.webp
    insulate.webp
    162.2 KB · Views: 458
  • pitcher.webp
    pitcher.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 440
  • green vase.webp
    green vase.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 444
  • delieciou.webp
    delieciou.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 432
Now aren't you glad you listen to the ones who said go back an dig it? I knew there was good stuff in there...you never go by what is laying on top..you always dig a few test holes an then determine if it's a waste of time or not......
 
Yes I am glad. And I think it is just the tip of the iceberg. Think I found a privy. Also lumps of trash in deep heavily wooded areas that have been grown over by 18" diameter trees. I'll be back!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom