What's new

Madison points?

Sidevalve45

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
603
Reaction score
692
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Hello,
Here's a couple more points given to me by a coworker. Would these be considered Madison triangular points? Both are the common Hixton silicified sandstone material found around here. These were found within ten miles of the Silver Mound quarry site here in Wisconsin.

Thanks for looking,
Sidevalve45
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6879.webp
    IMG_6879.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0
Maybe the one on the right could be but the other doesnt look like one as a triangle point. But I could be wrong.
 
They look like Madison's to me. They sharpened them down to nothing sometimes. Some are just small. Real arrowheads there. Nice gifts!
 
See I can be wrong. Thanks TM and yes they were a nice gift.
 
See I can be wrong. Thanks TM and yes they were a nice gift.

That does not mean I am right either. We are in different areas but madison is a type I find here along with Hamiltons and Guntersville. Typing can be hard enough in your own area sometimes let alone another State/area but think sidevalve is on the right track.
 
Wisconsin is in the area of distribution for Madisons so I would say a triangle from there would be Madison.
 
Thanks for all of your input. Sidevalve45
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom