Madrugada Estrella Mapa Oro

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.

Treemaster

Nov 8, 2012
LV
Detector(s) used
White prizm III, Garrett 350, Sometimes I use None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yes i'm aware of the doctored map also I know all the things left out. The rocks your looking at are infact alien beings look a little closer. in the tree areas you will find the masters good friends.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Frank recovered a number of caches that he had made decades before. There were several he couldn't find though. Some these were in the Cement area.

Treemaster

Nov 8, 2012
LV
Detector(s) used
White prizm III, Garrett 350, Sometimes I use None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have found what your looking for? North reverse south.

monkeymann

Jan 14, 2008
Frank recovered a number of caches that he had made decades before. There were several he couldn't find though. Some these were in the Cement area.

Hey Okie.....I agree with you. Am I correct in saying that part of the buried....what ever it ends up being......is located with-in the WLR. And some of it is on private land in the Cement area.

There are two different area's of Cashe Creek. One with-in the WLR, a little east of Panther Creek. Then there's the Cashe Creek that runs past and continues south from Apache.

The one that is by Apache is clearly a short distance north west from fletcher, which, 2-miles north (Ish) is where Frank James' house was located.

Question is, which "Cache Creek" comes into play in the story that was told regarding the burying of the gold/treasure, shortly after crossing Cashe Creek in a bad snow storm.

The other issue is this, I recall a story about "Panther Creek". I think it was part of the same story. Does anyone remember any story regarding "Panther Creek"? Its by Apache Lake. Or at least the part that would be connected to the story about crossing Cashe Creek......because you cross Cashe Creek right before you get to Panther Creek.

Anyone remember this angle of the story. Also, there is a rock feature....that looks kind of like the 4-or so big rocks shown on one of the maps that looks like a stick figure laying on the top of the rocks looking a specific direction. This rock feature is a couple miles east. There's Panther Creek running N&S, there's an old road that runs parallel, and there is a long valley exactally 1 1/4 miles to the east of Apache Lake.
Think this may be the right area.....? Alass though, it is on the WLR land.......but its also south of medicine creek....which I think is marked on the map.

However, there is another spot that is close to I think its called Fletcher Lake.....its the lake that Medicine Creek feeds into to the east.....that I've been looking at.

Any Ideas....Suggestions.....Words of Encouragement.....LOL.....????

monkeymann

Jan 14, 2008
If you are talking about the 18 burro loads of gold. Then the Cache Creek crossing just south of Apache is the one mentioned in that story

So apparently, as the story goes, or at least one of them.....they ran into a winter storm, labored on, eventually crossed Cashe Creek just south of Apache, and somewhere close to there they off loaded the gold.

They then are thought to have reburied it in separate cashes. I'm guessing by what's been implied, as well as directly said, that some of it is thought to be buried with-in the WMWR.

And, the Madrugada Estrella Map does not pertain to the Burro Shoe Treasure. However, if this is the case, one has to note the fact that he Madrugada Estrella Map used Buzzards Roost as a reference, and the area of the Burro Shoe Treasure....at least the area it was initially off loaded, is in the same area south of Buzzards roost.

So....Are these two maps stories connected. Is the ME Map the subsequent map to the initial burial of the Burro Shoe Treasure...when its thought that the treasure was split up into a number of separate cashes.

What's your opinion on this?

monkeymann

Jan 14, 2008
As far as any of the maps go neither of the Cache Creeks figure into the picture.

Why was the Burro Shoe Treasure buried south of Buzzards Roost, and the ME map uses Buzzards Roost as a reference?

I did note one of the other maps what appeared to be a series of four rocks jutting out like a peninsula with what appeared to be a stick figure lying on one of the rocks looking down on the area that the rest of the map depects. If this is indeed what I'm seeing on that particular map.....I think I may know where that series of rocks are. And yes, that part IS with-in the WNWR.

Any thoughts??

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
The roost wasn't referenced on the ME map. As far as the map with the four rocks it doesn't go to the refuge. Close to it but not on it. Best bet is to not even worry about anything in the refuge. That is just trouble nobody needs

monkeymann

Jan 14, 2008
The roost wasn't referenced on the ME map. As far as the map with the four rocks it doesn't go to the refuge. Close to it but not on it. Best bet is to not even worry about anything in the refuge. That is just trouble nobody needs

I wasn't talking about doing anything illegal. I've never been to the WMWR before, and I don't know where you can hike and where you cant. I was just interested in looking at the different area's in question, may be taking some pictures. That's all.

And you're right....I keeping getting the map with all the pictographic codes on the bottom confused. I guess I've always thought that was the ME map. But that's just the original or close to the original version of the Burro Shoe Treasure. Right.

Sorry Okie, I'm just interested in the history aspect more than anything. Sure finding any treasure would be interesting to say the least, but just to understand the area's that are talked about in the maps, understand what different maps there are, and just be able to physically see the area's that are described on the map, would make it more interesting when me and my wife and boys go down there this summer on our vacation.

More I read about it, the more I want to see it. I've wore out the pages in all of my Jesse James books, I want to go there and see the area.

Any help would be great. I have no desire to get in trouble with the PoePoe at the ParkPark on may vacation! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread