Magazine Article

icanfindem

Jul 2, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Quattro, Liberty Headphones, Garrett Pinpointer, Minelab ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if this is a good place to mention that I just had an article published in the October issue of Western/Eastern Treasures magazine. The article is titled 'The Thimble and the Barn'. It is a story about hunting the homestead of my g-great grandparents and finding relics that were once theirs. It was a lot of fun putting the article and photos together for the publisher. I just thought some might be interested.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! :hello2: What a great accomplishment! :occasion14:

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go. You are a published author now. Congratulations.

OP
OP
I

icanfindem

Jul 2, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Quattro, Liberty Headphones, Garrett Pinpointer, Minelab ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to all for the encouragement. The article was fun to research and write. Enjoy

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting for my subscription to begin, but I will definitely read your article and brag that I "know" the author. Congrats!

Anita

OP
OP
I

icanfindem

Jul 2, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Anita, I really appreciate the compliment and the encouragement.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job.

Do they pay much for an article like that? I have often wondered. Can you say?

Thanks.

OP
OP
I

icanfindem

Jul 2, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold Maven, if you go to their website you can download the 'writer's guidelines' that will tell you their current payments for both words and photos. Good luck if you decide to give it a try!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread