Maiden Voyage For My Impact, or Language Lessons.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. The day arrived and so did my new Nokta Impact. Everything was present and accounted for. Well packaged and NO surprises. I did the least amount of manual reading I could to get the Impact put together and in the field pronto. I did have to install the software update to get the Red Edition wireless headphones to work but, they work fine. I didn't have much time but wanted to hit the field I have been pounding and the area I have recovered three Civil War Eagle buttons, my first Flying Eagle Cent, my first Spanish reale, and the crazy gold ring and diamond.

I still have quite a bit of adjusting to go through but, I do get the basics of the machine out of the box. Not too terribly different than my two Makro Racers to work through the menus and such. The Impact just has three frequencies and a variety of modes to select from. Should be fun experimenting and getting some pointers from some other Impact drivers.

Not much for finds but, my first recovery was a common little .22 short brass. I tried to avoid iron but did move a few small bits out of the way. I got a Winchester Leader 12 gauge brass. I got one of those nasty brass screws that give a really weird signal and a glob of lead. Getting dusk time I worked just off the edge of the field and got a deep iffy signal with some high VDI numbers that was tempting me. I dug a hole about 10 inches deep and finally flung out the thin "silver" disk and thought another reale, really?!? LOOL! It turned out to be an aluminum 25 cent piece of well worn play money. It sure was shiny under that black dirt. Headed toward the CV and dug one more iffy signal about 9 inches deep through some gravel. Got the nice old horse tack iron ring. Quite pleased I was able to get the new rig assembled and in the field to recover just a few decent targets. The cool large brass buckle was an eyeball find yesterday at my sand box field. It was laying right on the surface near a dump and burn pit. Anyone have any idea of the age or specific use on this cool old brass buckle? It's a really nice one and even has "BRASS" molded into the little pin thingy.

Sorry so long winded. Thanks for stopping by for the meager finds. In time I believe they will improve. Adios. Kurios1

Nokta Impact Take ONE 002.JPGNokta Impact Take ONE 003.JPGNokta Impact Take ONE 006.JPGNokta Impact Take ONE 008.JPGNokta Impact Take ONE 010.JPGNokta Impact Take ONE 012.JPGNokta Impact Take ONE 013.JPGNokta Impact Take ONE 014.JPGNokta Impact Take ONE 015.JPGNokta Impact Take ONE 004.JPGNokta Impact Take ONE 011.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 22
Nice hunt! :occasion14: Enjoy the new machine! :icon_thumright:

Christened your new detector right out the gate! Good finds and good luck with your new machine!!

Looks like your off to a good start. The machine is already humming right out of the box!

Nice finds. Good luck with your new machine!

Nice finds! Wish I had some ground to search down here in Texas like that.

Good luck on the new detector :metaldetector: Nice old buckle you got there:thumbsup: I have snow and ice cold weather now :sadsmiley: We’re supposed to get 40 degree weather the next 4 days so maybe I can hit the woods again

Well, you're off and running with the new machine.
I'm sure you'll be digging some sweeter targets in a very short time.

Kurios, now we know how your new detector got it's name, cause' it has made quite an "Impact". Great first time out with the new toy. Continued Success to you.

The buckle is brass with an off-set bar so screams horse buckle. Age is a tough one, I think the middle point is probably 1900.

congrats on the finds and new machine.

congrats on the finds and new machine.

Thanks mate. I believe you were interested in scoring an Impact. I hope you find one. I believe it's going to become a new favorite. Very early in with only two short hunts but, I am adjusting quickly and this thing definitely goes DEEP! I am also beginning to see why you don't see many listed for resale used. It's well balanced and a joy to swing. Thanks for stopping by. Good hunting to ya'!:hello:

The buckle is brass with an off-set bar so screams horse buckle. Age is a tough one, I think the middle point is probably 1900.

Thanks Cru. This one looks a bit singed. Perhaps that's where the aged patina went or it may have been a recent toss?:dontknow:

Hope you find many new keepers with your new Impact! Good luck on all your new adventures!

Nice finds with the new Impact.

Thanks Cru. This one looks a bit singed. Perhaps that's where the aged patina went or it may have been a recent toss?:dontknow:
Not sure what your trying to say but some horse tack buckles hardly changed in design for very many years so it maybe modern.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back