Old Dude
Gold Member
- Joined
- Feb 20, 2013
- Messages
- 8,838
- Reaction score
- 9,870
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Wayne County, Kentucky
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Hi all. Took my new detector out for a test drive at a local park today in preparation for a hunt tomorrow with Cjon455. I had to get a little practice in with it before he kicks my butt again. Lots of clad, a few beaver tails that fooled the F75 into thinking they might be nickels. The identifying feature of this machine really impresses me. I was hunting in Disc mode, " de " process and 3H tones. I was very happy to get silver on my first outing with it. Hopefully that is saying there is lots more to come. It was funny that I dug a small rusty horseshoe in the park too. Tylerbdad told me to sit on it quickly, because he swears Vino and Cjon both carry a lucky charm around with them, lol. Thanks for looking.






Upvote
54



The only thing that I notice with mine is that the depth indicator is not always accurate. Most of my finds are shallower than the detector ID's if they are between 2 and 5 inched deep.. I have read alot of good about the CTX and the Dues, but I am more than please with my F75 LTD SE (upgraded). I plan on swinging this detector for a long while. Did you need to change the frequency? There are many sites that I had to change the Freq. Took me some time in watching videos to figure out how to do it. 






