Dirt fishing Wolf Bronze Member Joined Dec 29, 2009 Messages 2,217 Reaction score 528 Golden Thread 0 Location G P, Illinois Detector(s) used DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex + Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 2, 2010 #1 "MAIL" padlock Could this have been used to lock US mail? Attachments DSCN0227.webp 46.3 KB · Views: 319 DSCN0226.webp 42.8 KB · Views: 270 DSCN0227.webp 46.3 KB · Views: 282
diggummup Platinum Member Joined Jul 15, 2004 Messages 17,871 Reaction score 10,149 Golden Thread 0 Location Somewhere in the woods Detector(s) used Whites M6 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 2, 2010 #2 Re: "MAIL" padlock It may have been used for mail but they usually have "U.S. Mail" on them. Upvote 0
Gypsy Heart Gold Member Joined Nov 29, 2005 Messages 12,689 Reaction score 378 Golden Thread 0 Location Ozarks Jun 2, 2010 #3 Re: "MAIL" padlock Maybe off a courier or messenger bag Upvote 0
IronSpike Silver Member Joined Feb 24, 2009 Messages 3,142 Reaction score 61 Golden Thread 0 Location NC Detector(s) used Whites XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 2, 2010 #4 Re: "MAIL" padlock I don't think it's US mail as diggummup points out it would have been marked 'US'. It's a neat padlock and I found one like it on worthpoint: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-little-brass-mail-padlock-and-key Attachments 1_0f550d2dd084f13b7942899cf71fff38.webp 5 KB · Views: 204 Upvote 0
Re: "MAIL" padlock I don't think it's US mail as diggummup points out it would have been marked 'US'. It's a neat padlock and I found one like it on worthpoint: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-little-brass-mail-padlock-and-key