What's new

mailbox find

Hellbilly

Full Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2024
Messages
208
Reaction score
1,015
Golden Thread
0
CHRISTmas gift from a friend. He is one heck of a Knapper. These are modern not artifacts
 

Attachments

  • mailbox-1.webp
    mailbox-1.webp
    96.7 KB · Views: 96
  • mailbox-2.webp
    mailbox-2.webp
    124.2 KB · Views: 72
Here are a couple of novaculite bifaces I made. I was on a knapping forum back in 2001. We had a Christmas gift exchange and Steve Kirschman drew my name. He and his dad are from AR and own a company that makes sharpening stones from novaculite. Steve is a knapper and sent me slabs cut on a rock saw. He also heated them for me. Novaculite has to be heated very hot to allow it to be knapped.
I think it has to go to 750°F.
IMG_1942.webp

IMG_1943.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom