May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday Dad tried 3 different fields, & ended up with a nice copper As of Domitian. So we decided to start on that field. After 1.5 hours of only 1 scrappy, we moved over the road to our No.1 Field, but after 2.5 hours we had very little to show for it. These fields need a deep plough so we will put them to rest for a couple of years.

Livery Button
Top of a Roman Brooch
5 Scrappies
1/2 Jetton
Bits...

The search continues for a better option & we now have lots to choose from.:dontknow:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 2
Had the same yesterday. Some fields just need some years and a couple plows. The As is a real beauty! Very rare to get one in this condition from plowed land. :thumbsup:

Thats excellent.I have been busy and tied up with stuff for about a week.Couldn't hunt.But iam looking forward to finding stuff like that.Enjoy your hunting.

Still amazes me the age of what you find. A 200 year old coin in the USA is a rare find. The thought of who, when, and where such things came from puts your playground in a whole different league than ours. Congrats:notworthy:

What is that item in the second picture like the top of a key head with what looks like a cross on it....found 2 of those recently at a colonial site seems like they connected to a smaller piece...

That copper has aged well.

What is that item in the second picture like the top of a key head with what looks like a cross on it....found 2 of those recently at a colonial site seems like they connected to a smaller piece...

Georgian watch winder.

Great looking Roman, that would make the day right there.

I agree we find a 200 year old coin over here and it's a big deal.. But the stuff you dig up has been there alot longer and you dig it consatantly.. Congrats on the success..

UK Finds Database - - - UKDFD

The complete 18th C fob watch winder would look like the above.

Kinda of thought that's what they were....the picture in the database looks like the one I found...thanks for the link..

The AS is in really good shape!! congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back