..........I have news for ya............they are,and do...and another thing........many museums are trying to even get away from displaying actual items,have pictures and stories instead.We just CANNED a curator we recently hired for trying to do that here.This new one is about to go that route as well....ticks me off.Museums also rotate displays.I once drove over 200 miles to see an item,I had seen before.When I got there I was informed it was rotated out,and was likely to not be seen again...I asked if I could schedule a private meeting to see it and was told they dont do that and that the item may not even be at the Museum anymore.....also.......NEVER donate anything........if a city owned Museum gets in financial trouble,they can,and will sell off items!!!The state condemned a huge swath of land through a good friends Ranch a couple years ago,and part of the agreement was that he was to retain anything hat was found during their archeological study/excavations........yea,he got back a box of broke in have grinding rocks and bunch of ruined arrow points(NOTHING...not one complete item!!)...they were also supposed to provide a display in the Museum of other historical items that were found....they found a bunch....and none have been seen again!!!Dont even get me started on the whole subject!!!