What's new

Man it was hot today.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't make it my usual 5 hour hunt I only lasted 3 due to the heat. Got a pottery leg, couple of points with base damage, scrapers and worked flint. Worked flint only has secondary work on the edges tools I guess or crude scrapers I don't know what else to call them. Hope everyone is having a good Holiday! rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC11400.webp
    SDC11400.webp
    717.2 KB · Views: 128
  • SDC11399.webp
    SDC11399.webp
    292.8 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Nice hunt rock I put a new track , sprocket, filter housing, throttle cable, and valve cover gasket on mini excavator today it was very humid b safe out there boss
 
I was happy to find the pot leg in the field. Now I just have to date it if possible. I guess it could be late woodland period like the points from the same general location?
 
Looks like a good spot there Rock. Hope ya get some cooler weather soon. Been slow around here to from the lack of rain and heat. Now deer season is about here so some of the cut overs I hunt will have to wait till after new years.
 
nice finds.I don't know whats worse sometimes,the sun or the humidity.Today was a scorcher too.I am really looking forward to fall.
 
Usually 5 hours!? WOW rock you're hardy...3 hours in the heat is really long...great finds & great stamina.:icon_thumright:
 
Usually 5 hours!? WOW rock you're hardy...3 hours in the heat is really long...great finds & great stamina.:icon_thumright:

I had already drank all of my liquids so I didn't want to get heat stroke and had to leave. If you go to often to one spot the neighbors start watching you so I have to give it a break. Even with permission they will still call on you. I will wait till the lower fields get harvested and be able to park where nobody can see me. Thanks, rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom