Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Four hour beach hunt in the water today. I don‘t relate stories well so here goes. Ended up with 4 rings, 3 junkers and a 14k diamond wedding ring. The gold ring besides being marked 14k had another set of numbers, they are GSL698801. I didn’t know what those were so I did a Google search and a company named GS Laboratories came up, it says they do diamond grading and appraisals. On the site there is an area where you can enter the gsl number and it pulls up a report on your diamond. After I looked at the report I decided to call the office in Dallas, the man that answered told me I could send it in for an appraisal but it had to be right a way. He explained he was the owner and is closing the business and going to retire at the end of next week. I asked him if he could give me an idea of what it was worth over the phone and he told me to give him the number which I did. He came back on the line and told me retail would be 2900.00. I’m still in shock.
the piece of necklace is marked 14k and weighs just over 11 grams. So scrap value is right around 400 dollars.
clad ended up being 12 quarters, 10 dimes,7 nickels and a handful of Pennie’s.

one hell of a day hunting, I doubt I’ll ever match this one but I’m going back tomorrow to look for the rest of the chain.

Attachments

• IMG_4092.jpeg
    IMG_4092.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4088.jpeg
    IMG_4088.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4087.jpeg
    IMG_4087.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4085.jpeg
    IMG_4085.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0153.jpeg
    IMG_0153.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4089.jpeg
    IMG_4089.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4091.jpeg
    IMG_4091.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Upvote 22

CTHunter82

Jul 11, 2023
Four hour beach hunt in the water today. I don‘t relate stories well so here goes. Ended up with 4 rings, 3 junkers and a 14k diamond wedding ring. The gold ring besides being marked 14k had another set of numbers, they are GSL698801. I didn’t know what those were so I did a Google search and a company named GS Laboratories came up, it says they do diamond grading and appraisals. On the site there is an area where you can enter the gsl number and it pulls up a report on your diamond. After I looked at the report I decided to call the office in Dallas, the man that answered told me I could send it in for an appraisal but it had to be right a way. He explained he was the owner and is closing the business and going to retire at the end of next week. I asked him if he could give me an idea of what it was worth over the phone and he told me to give him the number which I did. He came back on the line and told me retail would be 2900.00. I’m still in shock.
the piece of necklace is marked 14k and weighs just over 11 grams. So scrap value is right around 400 dollars.
clad ended up being 12 quarters, 10 dimes,7 nickels and a handful of Pennie’s.

one hell of a day hunting, I doubt I’ll ever match this one but I’m going back tomorrow to look for the rest of the chain.
That’s awesome! Better than any of my finds so far but I’m pretty sure the GS on the bracelet means that it’s silver with gold plating. Still a nice piece, but not full gold.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread