Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been wanting to get out for more than just an hour or two at a time so I dressed very warmly and headed out at daybreak. Ended up with four wheats, a silver-plated badge # with a makers mark that I cant find any reference on. Also a very cool emblem of Watson Stabilators, from around mid 1920's. and an old buckle.

Any help on the Makers Mark would be greatly appreciated:icon_thumleft:

Wheats.jpg Badge number.jpg Badge reverse.jpg makers mark.jpg Watson Emblem.jpg Buckle.jpg

Congrats on the wheats and relics, mjc. :icon_thumleft: Stabilators? :dontknow: Glad you got out for a hunt...was the ground very thawed?

HH
p.s. Does your wife know you are using her cutting mat for a background? :wink:

Glad to see that you made it out. good finds! I am looking at getting out tomorrow.

Congrats on the wheats and relics, mjc. :icon_thumleft: Stabilators? :dontknow: Glad you got out for a hunt...was the ground very thawed?

HH
p.s. Does your wife know you are using her cutting mat for a background? :wink:

It was weird, sometimes the ground was as hard as a rock but mostly it was easy diggin. Should just keep getting better from now on. My wife does know about me using her cutting mat. I use it for pics because it has the 1 inch grid laid out for viewers reference of size

Congrats on getting out, I am getting anxious 'cause I just bought all new gear. Hoping my old spots will become new again lol, trouble is I work outside year-round, I can honestly wait 'till the thaw...ok, who am I fooling.

I did a search on this forum for Watson Stabilators and found only one other than mine. Are these a rare item? Very little on google other than they were shock absorbers in the mid 1920s.

glad you could scratch the itch! :icon_thumleft: not sure that is a badge. Looks like maybe a pin/keeper to an electric co. ????

Last edited:
Nice finds. The Watson Stabilators company of Detroit made probally one of the first shock absorbers that would keep the cars from bouncing out of control on rough roads. In 1922 there phone was Glendale and another address was Harrisburg? The cost of a set in 1922 was $64.00 which seems like a lot but I guess people bought them. If you go on to Google Books and do a search you can get some more info. and see what they looked like. I think your find is a token that was wire on to the stabilator that you would take off and keep. It was a popular way of advertising in the earliy 1900's. I found a shoe company token from that time frame that was using the Boy Scouts as a selling point and it was tied on the shoes. Nothing better than word of mouth for advertising and a token to help you remember the name.
Wolverine.

Cool buckle and congrats on the Wheaties!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back