What's new

Marble experts, please tell me about this one...

mope540

Full Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
224
Reaction score
224
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Sovereign XS, E-Trac, Equinox 800, Manticore.
Oldest coin to date...1829 large cent
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went metal detecting today at an 1800s farm site that is now a plowed field. I picked up a good signal and while looking down to pinpoint i saw this beauty sticking half way out of the mud. The colors are very bright and I've never seen pink glass in a marble. I'm guessing it to be about an inch wide. Age??....approx. value?? I'm not a marble collector, so please help me out.
Also found a 1905 Indian and a couple of Wheats.

Thanks for any info.
 

Attachments

  • 2016-02-06 14.53.08.webp
    2016-02-06 14.53.08.webp
    207.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 2016-02-06 14.54.22.webp
    2016-02-06 14.54.22.webp
    144.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 2016-02-06 15.08.06.webp
    2016-02-06 15.08.06.webp
    70.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 2016-02-06 16.21.33.webp
    2016-02-06 16.21.33.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 2016-02-06 14.53.23.webp
    2016-02-06 14.53.23.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Cheese??? I'm thinking vitro; but what? Parrot?
 
Yes! Definitely a Vitro, probably a Parrot unless that blue is translucent and wispy. If so, it might be an Easter Egg.

Nice indians too! I love to find an indian on a site, they are cool but they give me hopes of finding some really good older silver!
 
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your pics! That must be exciting to be out digging and find a neat find like that amoung all the others. I have a quite a few coins that I inherited rather than detected; and I know even less about them than I do the marbles!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom